She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Hey Ruby, how are the peas doing?

2. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I've never shot a gun in my life, so I wouldn't be the one doing the shooting either!! Lol! I'd get my grandfather to come do it. He shoots all the predators on his property!

3. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    I will keep a close eye on it we have 3 more pips, so a total of 5 so far.

4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Nice!

5. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    What kind of death? Unless they are a large dark spot stuck to one side of the egg the problem is not likely to be turning. If you have tossed the eggs out of the bator I hope you just seeing them wrong.
    Good luck on getting your hen

6. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    SC, would smack the crap out of me if I saw how I have to take care of these babies! They imprint on you and it's no joke!! They cry for me and if I leave the lid off (I had to make a lid out of scrap wood and hardware cloth for the brooder because they flew out at 5 days old) they fly over to the couch! Then they like to fly on my sons heads'. And they like to snuggle up in my hair and go to sleep. Every night they cry their heads off until I literally put them to bed. I gave them one of the baby's fleece blankets. I take them and wrap them up tight in the blanket and they go to sleep for the night and don't come out until they hear me making coffee in the morning. I feel bad. They are not like chicken chicks. They need a mother!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. sjturner79

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

Been a long time since I did any welding , though for some reason I was always far better with oxy than with arc, or TIG. Never did MIG.

8. sjturner79

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    You are not unique in that. The 2 chicken chicks we hatched last time would cry if we both left the room until they about 3 weeks old, by which time they were spending all day with the flock.

9. peecock

peecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Alabama
    It has no top huge trees next to it BIG MISTAKE and chicken wire it's 5 ft tall
    I'm a really experienced tracker have not found anything but feathers,heads,wings far away next to the woods

10. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Oh no, trust me!! I know how chickens chicks cry...this is a whole other level of crying!! I should try to get a video clip. You guys will die!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by