She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, May 8, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Omg how sweet is that? Totally adorable! How are you ever going to give them up? Haha Sounds like alot of work though! Lol
    (and if he smacks you for it, dont worry, I think you have plenty of us that will smack him back with you!)

2. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    We have a biological incubator running out at the farm at the minute. Apparently the kids have been finding the nest untended with the eggs cold occasionally but we will see what happens.
    [​IMG]

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Awesome!

Good luck!!

Late hatchers like that, especially ones that need assisting are most likely going to have developmental problems especially leg problems.

Yay!!

NO!!!! That's not good!!! My best two hatches were actually the ones I manually turned.

I always use the wet paper towel. The warm humidity keeps it from getting too cold. During hatch if you open my bator you're going to get feel warmth.

Adorable!

It is going to be so hard giving them up. Well, then again, if they are as bad as I've heard with their screetching-maybe not...lol And count me in on the slap backs.

4. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    I have a question for the Janoel knock off users. Anyone know how to reset the humidity alarm so it doesn't go off or goes off at a lower percentage?

And has anyone seen @lazy gardener lately?

5. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Lazy Gardener just got back from her mission trip to Guatemala. I "saw" her on a different thread.

No clue about the incubator alarm though.

6. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Ohhhh ok, thanks. I was wondering why she came up missing. [​IMG]

7. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA
    Ive had to toss 3/22 eggs now and my bathroom stinks so im gna hafta gind a culprit again. I screwed up yesterday, i only Mopped the bathroom... but the humidity spiked... :'(

8. BYC910

BYC910 Flock Master Premium Member

you can do it either way migs are hard to use the plating will do the job on its own where welding will not for that very reason and what your welding is hard to weld might practice on a beer can [​IMG] I do it on heavy metal and my brother in law does the thin stuff for me. a backing plate helps to stop blow out . but you got this cause you rock.

9. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Wow, you wouldn't think about something as simple as mopping would throw off the humidity that much, but if the room is closed up it does make sense.

10. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Yea, i mean obiously that Had to of been the issue. I saw a 40% jump that lasted im making an educated guess, about 3 hours. The bathrooms tiny, closed off, i dont have central air And i should have expected a humidity spike, shouldnt mop while incubating, lesson learned. Its Sooo my fault, i screwed up like i said, and im pretty upset w myself for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by