She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Yeah, that's true, people from different areas view it very differently. But most southerners take the Flag VERY seriously. To me it represents a way of life. Cold sweet iced tea in a rocking chair on a front porch with a hunting dog at you feet, locusts singing in the weeds, chickens hunting bugs, bonfires in the middle of a big country field with Lynard Skyward playing, going muddin, big trucks, shotguns, the list goes on, I wouldn't like it any other way. I love my flag and what it represents to me.
You forgot grits...nuthin' says South like grits & eggs for breakfast. My mother's people were from the south, & I've spent a fair amount of time there myself; learned a long time ago that if you get up from a southerner's table hungry, it ain't nobody's fault but your own!

Adorable! Looks like you have a boy there..three rows of a pea comb. Most of the time, means boy. Like the Ameraucana..I know someone will let me know if this is wrong. :0
LL
All my Ameraucana pullets had 3 rows as chicks... never found that a reliable indicator except in EE's...

You forgot grits...nuthin' says South like grits & eggs for breakfast. My mother's people were from the south, & I've spent a fair amount of time there myself; learned a long time ago that if you get up from a southerner's table hungry, it ain't nobody's fault but your own!

Grits! I lived in FL, NC., and VA. I loved Grits with eggs and bacon in it. I try and make it here, no one likes it. Oh well, the more for me. It's been a while, now look, I have to make some tomorrow..no bacon, but plenty of eggs!
Something I really miss here are the Hush Puppies. I know not much to them, but I loved those things. There is one restaurant that sells them, so I go there once in a great while to get my fix.

Lol, grits too..and biscuits and gravy :drool Oh man, I love biscuits and gravy!! And yes, that's very true, even if it's a family of 4 there's food enough to feed an army on the dinner table in the south. Good, fattening food too.

New Mexico is the farthest "East" I've ever lived, but I do remember eating grits at my Granny's house as a kid. Thought they were kinda strange at the time.

Huevos Rancheros is more of a normal for breakfast around here!

Back
Top Bottom