She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Put an ad on a site that is popular around here for some pullets...supposed to show up at 8..let's see if he does.  Sometimes people flake when they say they are coming after having called from this ad site.   I don't worry so much when it's from another site in this area.   Will see any min. now. 

Sale of my turkey fell thru last week. Supposed vehicle issues.... Haven't heard from them again.

Sale of my turkey fell thru last week. Supposed vehicle issues.... Haven't heard from them again.

Sounds like at least they called you. It's after 8, just a couple of mins. Still waiting. I may call myself in a few. I caught these babies last night, they spent the night in a kennel. Don't want them there any longer than they need to be if he isn't going to show.

Sounds like at least they called you.   It's after 8, just a couple of mins.  Still waiting.  I may call myself in a few.  I caught these babies last night, they spent the night in a kennel.   Don't want them there any longer than they need to be if he isn't going to show.

They were supposed to come at 3:30 last Friday. I texted them at 4, they said they were having vehicle problems but were still interested. But didn't hear back all last week.
I hope yours show up. Hopefully not right after you let them out of the kennel! Lol

Woke up to this little fella this morning:

It's early day 20, the earliest hatch I have ever had. It's from a lighter pullet egg, which is expected, but two of the massive Davis eggs are pipped, so who knows? This batch is baffling me
:fl

Awesome.
1f603.png

I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, although I was told I'm not a Yankee, lol... I feel same way... it's a significant part of our history... the issue is what 'society' and most people associate that flag with... that's their problem, I feel... pride in that flag and what it represents has absolutely nothing to do with prejudices... and it's wrong to try to bury any piece of history, learning accurate history is how we can avoid past mistakes...

JMO
thumbsup.gif

About 15 years ago I rented a hen out to star in a commercial. That was funny. She came back happy and well fed, they said she did really well. I am not exactly sure what she did...
That's cool....lol

I know nothing of my father's side at all... my mother's side is Scots-Irish, English and Danish... came over after the war...
wink.png
Take away the danish and that's me.

Woke up to this little fella this morning:

It's early day 20, the earliest hatch I have ever had. It's from a lighter pullet egg, which is expected, but two of the massive Davis eggs are pipped, so who knows? This batch is baffling me
fl.gif

A little early and looking like that is not a bad thing!

I had 15 people respond to my CL ad for straight run EE hatched April-June $5. Most of them wanted pullets only and wanted me to pick them. Nope, if they want pullets they can select what they think are pullets as until they crow I can't tell for sure on most of them, and none are laying yet.

One family came and bought two, they let their boys pick them out, they took a girl and a boy.

The next guy came yesterday, he took four. He took the "ostrich" black and white bird with 4" foot feathers who is going to be stunning and large bird and I think is female...I kept the better proportioned one. He picked a few more, including one cull red sex link hen who just never laid an egg and one white "Ameraucana type" EE and one of the multicolored mystery birds.

I still have about a dozen, time to refresh the ad. I still have a turkey in the house and it's time for her to get her big bird feathers on.

Question:
Can an older Hova-bator 2362N be retro-fitted with a modern temp control that has a more precise setting arrangement? I didn't like the setup when it was brand new, and 25-30 years certainly hasn't improved it any. No graduations on it at all; just gotta keep fooling with the adjustment til you finally get it reasonably close. Are the newer ones any better?

Back
Top Bottom