She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Quote:

Thanks ladies! Yes, we had a great time. Faith especially liked the paddleboats (which we did not fall out of while debarking)
lau.gif
She liked the speaker's sessions as well
thumbsup.gif
'Tis very gratifying to be told over and over that your daughter is growing to be a lovely young lady in the as-a-person sense. A bit less so to be reminded that she's getting so tall so fast--my mom was a couple inches taller than me, and it looks like Faith will likely be, as well
roll.png
Then again, most of the ladies haven't seen her for a couple of years.

If you haven't seen one of my hatches before, this is why I'm the blue team captain. I never open the bator until they are all dry and no pips that I can see. No assisting

I've gotten to know your techniques through the thread. I understand. My successful hatches so far have been through far less intervention than you, lol. Broodies. I have helped two chicks into the world because of stuck membranes, but other than that I'm amazed by the broody.

Thanks ladies! Yes, we had a great time. Faith especially liked the paddleboats (which we did not fall out of while debarking) :lau She liked the speaker's sessions as well:thumbsup 'Tis very gratifying to be told over and over that your daughter is growing to be a lovely young lady in the as-a-person sense. A bit less so to be reminded that she's getting so tall so fast--my mom was a couple inches taller than me, and it looks like Faith will likely be, as well:rolleyes: Then again, most of the ladies haven't seen her for a couple of years.

I think I'm bound to be the short one in my clan as well. My 13 yo is one inch shorter than me... and the same weight. My clothes, I can't find some of them anymore. I'm glad when girls get mommy and me time, it's sooooooo important. Good job!
1f44d.png

Ok, after reading about Meagan's obsessive hovering overnight, here's the blue hatch update. There was one yesterday morning. I worked in the yard all day. 3 at 6 PM, 4 at10 PM. Too many to count this morning, but two are wet and I have pips, so no one gets out
gig.gif

Now that I have an incubator that doesn't attempt to freeze, roast, dessicate, decapitate or scald the chicks, I am becoming more and more blue.
big_smile.png

So far so good, waiting for the final tally! Some of these youngsters should be able to contribute to the ship a thon!

I've gotten to know your techniques through the thread. I understand. My successful hatches so far have been through far less intervention than you, lol. Broodies. I have helped two chicks into the world because of stuck membranes, but other than that I'm amazed by the broody.
I have a pen full of silkies that just spits chicks out every few weeks :gig

I have a pen full of silkies that just spits chicks out every few weeks :gig

Lol! This was my first year with my hen's just up and going broody. We free range so they found ferns around the property and clutched away. We were very surprised when we finally found the first nest. She had amassed 18 eggs and they were already on their final week, we found out, and she brought them up to the main yard, 15 of them! Then her sister hen, same breed, repeated the act, then another...we have been mutch more diligent about nest patrol since.

yeppers! you have to understand,

if I dont give an explanation, I will have to give all the info later on, so after all this time I just learned to give what I can right off the bat, some take that the wrong way at times, someone called me spam one time LOL, yea ok I get paid to help others NOT, and its not my intention to give too much info, but I am just used to having to answer incubation and chick assistance a lot. Its just my way now. I have gotten more than inundated with PMs and when I wasnt on BYC during my illness I was getting them through FB, not that I minded and the thank you emails for my research have been so sweet and make me remember that I help people with my reasearch and writing. So my appologies if I seemed rude not my intentions ever, I just like helping people
Yeppers, that's our Sally Sunshine, trying to help others when she can .. when it comes to hatching. . . she knows her stuff!
ya.gif
Hmm, I am probably one of those that pm'd you yrs ago. You sure have put a lot of research in on this subject, and helped many of us out there. Love your...page you have for us on here on assisting. Folks still go there for help! Always new people showing up, needing advice. Always. So putting it out there multiple times is wise. I've seen a few things repeated here. I'll admit..I'm one of those that needs to read/see things a few times before I get the hang of it. Yep.

Last edited:
You going to try and band the ones from your Davis eggs?
Meant to tell you, I've seen your posts about the cartons, and I think I understand now why you said it. Since I had a full load this time, a lot of the eggs were almost vertical. Those hatched first. I assume that's why you used the cartons. In the eggs with the small air cells, the chicks are pipping circles at the ends of the eggs and sliding out. I'm going with the cartons next time :thumbsup

A stuffing with nuts, sausage, and dried tart fruit like cranberries, or cherries. Also either candied winter squash or yams done with butter, nuts, dried fruit, brown sugar, and coconut shavings, then some garlic mashed potatoes, and a Waldorf salad.

X2!

Ok, after reading about Meagan's obsessive hovering overnight, here's the blue hatch update. There was one yesterday morning. I worked in the yard all day. 3 at 6 PM, 4 at10 PM. Too many to count this morning, but two are wet and I have pips, so no one gets out :gig

Sounds like it's going to be a great hatch!! :yesss:

Yeppers, that's our Sally Sunshine, trying to help others when she can .. when it comes to hatching. .  . she knows her stuff!   :ya   Hmm, I am probably one of those that pm'd you yrs ago.   You sure have put a lot of research in on this subject, and helped many of us out there.  Love your...page you have for us on here on assisting.  Folks still go there for help!   Always new people showing up, needing advice.  Always.  So putting it out there multiple times is wise.  I've seen a few things repeated here.  I'll admit..I'm one of those that needs to read/see things a few times before I get the hang of it.   Yep.

I still go back and re-read it every time I have any assisting to do!!

Back
Top Bottom