She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Do you guys think I should put anything in Grata's eye or just leave it be and see how it goes? Will she be ok with just 1 eye if she is going blind?
Give the chick eye drops or the Vetericyn that I posted a link too.

If you have regular vetericyn, you can use it too. You can get little bottles at a pet store.

@Ren: My first horse I got when I was 12 and kept him til I was 16, he was my baby, a crazy Anglo Arab. I did a little showing, just local small shows but I had a blast doing it. I was always at the barn though (I had to board him cause we lived in the city limits and weren't allowed to keep horses there) I miss those days so much. I have 6 acres now and I've had a few horses since we've lived here but I don't have any now. We rescued 3 OTTB's and another TB that never raced. Animal control came down here and the OTTB stud I had was real skinny, he was just so hot and fresh of the track I couldn't keep weight on him. I tried Hard Keeper and that didn't even work. Well animal control said I was neglecting him cause he was so skinny and they took him as well as the other 2 OTTB's (who were fat and healthy) and told me I couldn't have any more horses for 2 years. After that we got the other TB who we also rescued and I eventually gave him to a friend cause we had to move to my dad's to take care of him cause he had fell and hit his head and lost his sense for a little while. We just recently came back home but I think it'll be a while before we get anymore horses. I'm just not up to it right now. We may get a pony for my daughter or something but no big guys for a while.

Give the chick eye drops or the Vetericyn that I posted a link too.

If you have regular vetericyn, you can use it too. You can get little bottles at a pet store.
Ok, I'll get some of that. Would she be ok til I can get some shipped to me? We don't have any pet stores around. There's a Southern States feed store not far from us, could I get it there?

Ok, I'll get some of that. Would she be ok til I can get some shipped to me? We don't have any pet stores around. There's a Southern States feed store not far from us, could I get it there?

Southern states should have regular vetericyn and might have the ophtamalic too.

I would get it to her as soon as possible.

Well thanks to Raptor's pen jumping shenanigans only one of the six cemani eggs I set last Sunday is fertile :barnie But, I think one of the hens is broody and is volunteering for hatching duty on the next batch, so...now I have an excuse to hatch some of those sex links :p

And Snap switched nests on me last night before I had a chance to clear out the abandoned nest with the dead eggs. Hoping I caught her and moved her back in time and didn't lose all the already started eggs she had. About to go out and candle and check it out. Wish me luck that I come back with all fingers.

Well that hen that I thought was going broody I just found dead :hit I guess she wasn't feeling well and was sleeping cuddled in the nesting box to feel better. I took a picture of her sleeping in there yesterday peacefully, the last picture I have of her. She also had apparently slipped off her legband, so I can't tell who she was unless I check the legbands of all the others to see who's accounted for, but I have a feeling she was either a Greenfire hen or a GF/TM cross hen. It always sucks to lose a chicken, but this one is even worse because it's such an expensive loss.

Well that hen that I thought was going broody I just found dead
hit.gif
I guess she wasn't feeling well and was sleeping cuddled in the nesting box to feel better. I took a picture of her sleeping in there yesterday peacefully, the last picture I have of her. She also had apparently slipped off her legband, so I can't tell who she was unless I check the legbands of all the others to see who's accounted for, but I have a feeling she was either a Greenfire hen or a GF/TM cross hen. It always sucks to lose a chicken, but this one is even worse because it's such an expensive loss.
hugs.gif
so sorry for your loss

@Ren: My first horse I got when I was 12 and kept him til I was 16, he was my baby, a crazy Anglo Arab. I did a little showing, just local small shows but I had a blast doing it. I was always at the barn though (I had to board him cause we lived in the city limits and weren't allowed to keep horses there) I miss those days so much. I have 6 acres now and I've had a few horses since we've lived here but I don't have any now. We rescued 3 OTTB's and another TB that never raced. Animal control came down here and the OTTB stud I had was real skinny, he was just so hot and fresh of the track I couldn't keep weight on him. I tried Hard Keeper and that didn't even work. Well animal control said I was neglecting him cause he was so skinny and they took him as well as the other 2 OTTB's (who were fat and healthy) and told me I couldn't have any more horses for 2 years. After that we got the other TB who we also rescued and I eventually gave him to a friend cause we had to move to my dad's to take care of him cause he had fell and hit his head and lost his sense for a little while. We just recently came back home but I think it'll be a while before we get anymore horses. I'm just not up to it right now. We may get a pony for my daughter or something but no big guys for a while.

O WOW, I was 12 yro also when I got him. He was TB/QH. I won an Appaloosa filly through 4-H when I was 13. She lived to be 28. I competed in all speed events. THOSE WERE THE DAYS
smile.png
We have a TB gelding now but with work and bills I just can't haul like I used to. I've always wanted to rescue off the track. Sorry to hear you had to give the last one up. Poor Dad, glad he's better and you're back home.

@WVduckchick
Thought I'd make your day for you:
MD's first black powder season opened Thursday & ends tomorrow. We'll have a longer BP season after our rifle season.
I got one Thursday, & another this afternoon. 1st one's already in the freezer; 2nd one will join it tomorrow.

Y'all's BP season open yet?

Back
Top Bottom