She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

@WalnutHill here are pictures of the 3 I hatched from the batch I got from you.

This one I am 100% sure is a cockrel. Our daughter named him Lawrence. He does not like ducks
hmm.png

This one I thought for sure was a pullet named Katie. But is showing signs of a cockrel. Will both crow and sing the egg song. Also caught this one sitting on duck eggs one day.

And this little one named Owl, but I call Chicken Little. I have fingers crossed is a pullet. Sweetest little one, very quiet & curious.

I love her poofy face!

they are all grown up! Third is girl, first is definitely boy, second reminds me of one I had that could not decide if girl or boy and went into the stew pot after months of paranoia and indecision. It's looking spring like up there!

they are all grown up!  Third is girl, first is definitely boy, second reminds me of one I had that could not decide if girl or boy and went into the stew pot after months of paranoia and indecision.  It's looking spring like up there!

From day one I knew that first one was a rooster. He has feathered feet, but I think he keeps pulling them out. Do you have any experience with that? He is a sweetheart but doesn't seem to like the ducks.
The second has the long saddle feathers & crows like a roo. S/he just started walking more up right maybe a week ago. Its funny it will cock-a-doodle-do then bawk-bawk-be-gawk. So I dont know what to think, confused maybe.
We are finally starting to look like spring. The yard is melted and the snow in the woods is slowly starting to disappear. I cant wait for warmer weather!

I've never had a foot plucker. However, the feather footed roos sometimes wear them off working the hens. If he harasses your ducks, best to find another roo, they are plentiful. The hen is a lovely girl.

Mine never got around to crowing, but he had hackles and saddle, he'd act roosterish, then sing the egg song and cackle like a hen, and if you came in the coop at night he'd scream his head off. He was a disrupter, so he left the flock.

From day one I knew that first one was a rooster. He has feathered feet, but I think he keeps pulling them out. Do you have any experience with that? He is a sweetheart but doesn't seem to like the ducks.
The second has the long saddle feathers & crows like a roo. S/he just started walking more up right maybe a week ago. Its funny it will cock-a-doodle-do then bawk-bawk-be-gawk. So I dont know what to think, confused maybe.
We are finally starting to look like spring. The yard is melted and the snow in the woods is slowly starting to disappear. I cant wait for warmer weather!
I have a couple that will pull the feathers out on their feet! I thought maybe they were just strange....lol

WalnutHill, Im sorry to sound like such a moron. Well, I kind of am right now, its my first hatch. I had 5 hatch on Friday(day 20) 1 hatch yesterday (day 21) and figured they were done. I just candled the last 3 and 1 is dead for sure, 1 I see no movement, and the 1 Sultan egg you can see what looks like breathing in that dark part pushing up and down into the air cell. Is that the start of an internal pip? I did not dare touch my other ones since lockdown so I never did see what any of it was like.

Back
Top Bottom