She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

hoping we can all set aside any misunderstandings and move forward, and enjoy sharing hatching experiences.

Somehow, that seems to be a bit on the cruel side to me. Chicks not designed like kittens and puppies to be picked up that way. I wonder what my feet would be doing if someone picked me up by the scruff of the neck!!!
Kicking them in the you know what! lol

hugs.gif
I'm sorry to hear that Amy. Mine are goners too. Spring fever, I think made them nutty!
It happens.
hu.gif
Thanks, she wasn't one I planned to downsize this summer, but I guess fate is making the decisions for me. My Spitzhauben has been broody since the day I set the eggs. She screams everytime I take the eggs (seriously, she sounds like someone is killing her.) I feel kinda sorry for her, but she wasn't that great of a mom and I don't want broodied babies.

Ok, one more incubator check and to bed for me, (for a couple hours...lol)

It happens.
hu.gif
Thanks, she wasn't one I planned to downsize this summer, but I guess fate is making the decisions for me. My Spitzhauben has been broody since the day I set the eggs. She screams everytime I take the eggs (seriously, she sounds like someone is killing her.) I feel kinda sorry for her, but she wasn't that great of a mom and I don't want broodied babies.

Hi Amy
hugs.gif
frow.gif

Important quick question can you all give the run down on shipped eggs who do they ship through if post office do I have to pick u? Do I have to request that post office holds them for pick? Do I need I'd to pick up?

It happens. :confused:  Thanks, she wasn't one I planned to downsize this summer, but I guess fate is making the decisions for me. My Spitzhauben has been broody since the day I set the eggs. She screams everytime I take the eggs (seriously, she sounds like someone is killing her.)  I feel kinda sorry for her, but she wasn't that great of a mom and I don't want broodied babies.

I'm on my second broody of the year and I don't want anymore either but I'm afraid it's only the beginning of April! I feel bad not letting them sit too! I'm thinking I won't even need to hatch for myself anymore...they'll do it. But that's no fun!

Important quick question can you all give the run down on shipped eggs who do they ship through if post office do I have to pick u? Do I have to request that post office holds them for pick? Do I need I'd to pick up?

9/10 times shipped eggs are shipped through usps because they are the only ones that will insure the eggs. It's best to ask the sender to write "hold for pickup" on your package and make sure you give them a phone number you can be reached at. Yes, you go to the post office to pick up your eggs. The sender will send you a tracking number that you can follow as the package travels. I call my post office when I see it's getting close and as soon as it arrives.

You can request that the seller mark the eggs as "Hold for Pickup". This helps keep them from one last transfer, bouncing, and potentially being tossed on your porch. They will call you on arrival if the shipper puts your phone number on the box.

My mail carrier calls me when she sees a box of eggs and asks if I'd like them delivered, if I say yes then she brings them straight to my house then proceeds on her route. She puts them in the front seat and handles them carefully. This doesn't counteract all the damage they suffer on the way, but it is a nice touch.

Otherwise they will just come to your house with the same handling as any other package.

hugs.gif
BYC!!!! I miss you!!!!!

You can request that the seller mark the eggs as "Hold for Pickup". This helps keep them from one last transfer, bouncing, and potentially being tossed on your porch. They will call you on arrival if the shipper puts your phone number on the box.

My mail carrier calls me when she sees a box of eggs and asks if I'd like them delivered, if I say yes then she brings them straight to my house then proceeds on her route. She puts them in the front seat and handles them carefully. This doesn't counteract all the damage they suffer on the way, but it is a nice touch.

Otherwise they will just come to your house with the same handling as any other package.
I want your mail carrier! Mine sucks. He'll squeeze anything in my box to make it fit and if it doesn't, he'll hang it from the box with a large rubber band. Anything to keep from having to come up the 4 yards or so to the house. Ruby actually addressed mine to the post office instead of putting hold for pick up so that they wouldn't mistakenly deliver. I'm pretty sure just my mailman could do as much damage going from the post office to my house, (5 miles away) than the whole trip itself.

This is what I woke up to this morning. Mother Nature missed April fools day, so this is just wrong!
It snowed here yesterday but no accumulation.

Back
Top Bottom