Shed conversions as coops

This thread has happened along at the perfect time, as we're going to Lowe's tomorrow to pick out a shed for me to convert to coop.

I'm loving the rubbermaid tote idea for nesting boxes!! My DH and I are making several notes of things we want to see in my new coop!

These were take a while back, I've made some minor adjustments. Overall, we're very happy with it. As you can see we let them free range during the day, and to keep the goats and donkeys out of the chicken run, we have a chicken door in the run gate. Once I call them into the run in the evening, I close that up. Then once they all get in the coop for the evening, I close it up the whole way. We put the windows in, but then I decided it wasn't enough air for the Texas summers, so I cut out the back pannels, added hinges and covered the openings with hardware wire. I'm glad we used a pre-built shed, it's well constructed and building one would've costed almost the same, besides all the time it would've taken.
95829_p9120882.jpg
95829_pa220946.jpg
95829_pa220947.jpg
95829_p9120889.jpg

Quote:
Man a converted horse barn sound like it could have tons of potential.... I bet you have tons of space that most people envy.

I was going to buy a mini barn kit today.

I opted not to.

My husband said he's ordering a 28x40 pole barn kit - and I get a whole 14x20 area for just my poultry!!

Back
Top Bottom