Shell stuck to hatchling wing

PolloGal

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Eastern TN
Had to help this little one out of the shell…I just reached into incubator (while my husband held the lid up a bit) and gently popped off the top of the shell. He came out ok, but had the shell stuck to the wing. I peeled alot of the shell off so he wasn’t trying to drag around the 1/2 the shell, but of course the piece left (which appears to be mostly membrane) is still hindering his movement some. I am afraid to keep opening the incubator for too long. I have other eggs in there (this one is a day early in hatching) that haven’t yet pipped and I don’t want this little one to get a chill. Need advice please.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0955.jpeg
    IMG_0955.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 4
Had to help this little one out of the shell…I just reached into incubator (while my husband held the lid up a bit) and gently popped off the top of the shell. He came out ok, but had the shell stuck to the wing. I peeled alot of the shell off so he wasn’t trying to drag around the 1/2 the shell, but of course the piece left (which appears to be mostly membrane) is still hindering his movement some. I am afraid to keep opening the incubator for too long. I have other eggs in there (this one is a day early in hatching) that haven’t yet pipped and I don’t want this little one to get a chill. Need advice please.
You can moisten the dried membrane with warm water or coconut oil.

Back
Top Bottom