Shelter Strays... Help

GingerAle87

Songster
Sep 13, 2019
SC Alaska
My Coop
My Coop
I work at an animal shelter in Alaska and we commonly get strays so if you guys could help me in figuring out breeds when we get stumped, I would appreciate it. If it is ok, I will just keep on this thread vs starting a new one for any additional that we get in.

First up... is a rooster, he's a young one and very fast.
12304.jpeg

Last edited:
I work at an animal shelter in Alaska and we commonly get strays so if you guys could help me out in figuring out breeds when we get stumped, I would appreciate it. If it is ok, I will just keep on this thread vs starting a new one.

First up... is a rooster, he's a young one and very fast.
View attachment 2275479
He looks like he’s mixed.

Next up... 3 chocolate ducks and a goose. I want to say Runner ducks because I feel like they stand pretty tall but I am guestimating and not a duck person (though I love ducks 😍). The two smaller ducks have really dark bills and feet but the larger one has lighter features.
20200803_113900.jpg
The goose is mostly yellow down now. They are all starting to get the small, harder feathers so I'm thinking a few weeks old. Thoughts?
20200806_140219.jpg

The two smaller ones do look like chocolate runner ducks. I’m not sure about the goose and the larger duck.

Now that the ducks are full grown I feel pretty confident that 2 are chocolate runner and one is... maybe a Khaki Campbell. Still not to sure on that one. The goose is still white but developing a some grey on the wing tips. Not sure if its a male or female but I call it Arturo. BTW, I am now a duck person... and a goose person. I love the goose!
20201011_111944.jpg

20200912_161813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom