She's going to die..

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Remember when I asked for naming advice for my chick, Kieran? Well, she is dying. Started with a little weakness now she cant walk. Four of the chicks are like this. A few others have died. We are thinking of a painless way to end this for them. I am glad I named her, though. She won't just be remembered as "that black chick." She'll be special.
hit.gif

Quote:
I am so sorry
hugs.gif
:aww The same thing is happening to my chicks and I've lost over 20 so I know how you feel. Again I am so sorry :aww
hugs.gif

-Sophia

This may not help much, but several years ago my mom had this happen to her chicks. Her vet told her that she was using older food and that after 2-3 months the food looses some of its nutrients and one of the nutrients breaks down very quickly. I can't remember which one he said (thiamine or niacin?), but he told her to make sure she got the freshest food that she could. That year she ordered chicks really early and had purchased chick starter that was left at the feed store from the year before and the chicks got really weak and a bunch died and the ones that lived had feet problems. He also recommended putting a vitamin supplement into the water or food for the first 3-4 weeks if you are unsure about how long the food has been sitting on the shelf.
hmm.png

Quote:
I am so sorry
hugs.gif
:aww The same thing is happening to my chicks and I've lost over 20 so I know how you feel. Again I am so sorry :aww
hugs.gif

-Sophia

What are some reasons for this to happen?

Quote:
I am so sorry
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

-Sophia

What are some reasons for this to happen?

I have no idea, they seem fine and then they barley can walk and then they die. It's so sad to watch and I just don't understand why it's happening either.

Back
Top Bottom