Elistriel

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2016
I'm looking to buy ducklings or full-grown ducks. I'm in NC and currently the only place locally to find any is Tractor Supply, the problem is it's too cold (it snowed yesterday) and I always worry they won't have any by mid-April. (FYI we have many years of experience raising ducklings, and have the necessary equipment, protection and feed.)
So I've started looking online. I'm wary about ordering from too far away, but I've heard good reviews about a few companies. From what I've gathered most, if not all places ship USPS, with a minimum of 15 ducklings to your local Post Office, where you can go get them. Is this correct?
My issue with that is, I have a sleep disorder, delayed sleep phase syndrome, basically I'm nearly nocturnal. Getting to a place that's only open from 8:30am to 5pm is nearly impossible for me. I'm not even asleep by 8:30 am. Okay, so technically I can, but it involves me not sleeping. Last year I had to drive to a doctor's check up on literally 31 minutes of sleep. That was... fun. :D. (10/10 do not recommend. I wasn't sleepy, oddly, but I had hit that "everything is hilarious" point of exhaustion.) I'm lucky if I'm ready to leave the house by 5pm! :hmm Not to mention our post office isn't near us. So, going to the post office is simply not an option. Even if it were, with the way my job scheduling works I'd have to know the exact date they were to arrive a week ahead of time.
Sooo... Does anyone know if there are any hatcheries that will ship directly to my home?
Thank you guys so much. :hugs

I guess your best bet is to call the hatcheries where you are looking to order from. But, most only ship to the usps.
If you want less ducklings, you could try a local feed store, tsc, or rural king. Find your local state thread - maybe find someone local. That is what I did. Good luck. And :welcome

I'm looking to buy ducklings or full-grown ducks. I'm in NC and currently the only place locally to find any is Tractor Supply, the problem is it's too cold (it snowed yesterday) and I always worry they won't have any by mid-April. (FYI we have many years of experience raising ducklings, and have the necessary equipment, protection and feed.)
So I've started looking online. I'm wary about ordering from too far away, but I've heard good reviews about a few companies. From what I've gathered most, if not all places ship USPS, with a minimum of 15 ducklings to your local Post Office, where you can go get them. Is this correct?
My issue with that is, I have a sleep disorder, delayed sleep phase syndrome, basically I'm nearly nocturnal. Getting to a place that's only open from 8:30am to 5pm is nearly impossible for me. I'm not even asleep by 8:30 am. Okay, so technically I can, but it involves me not sleeping. Last year I had to drive to a doctor's check up on literally 31 minutes of sleep. That was... fun. :D. (10/10 do not recommend. I wasn't sleepy, oddly, but I had hit that "everything is hilarious" point of exhaustion.) I'm lucky if I'm ready to leave the house by 5pm! :hmm Not to mention our post office isn't near us. So, going to the post office is simply not an option. Even if it were, with the way my job scheduling works I'd have to know the exact date they were to arrive a week ahead of time.
Sooo... Does anyone know if there are any hatcheries that will ship directly to my home?
Thank you guys so much. :hugs

I have a lot of fertile Silver Welsh Harlequin Duck eggs, which I can ship to you any time you want. My duckies lay eggs all year long. Let me know how mny eggs you want. If you are close to Asheville, NC we can arrange for you to pick up ducklings.

Talk with the local feed store. Mine will order what ever I want as an adder and is cheaper than paying shipping to the USPS. First question should be which hatchery do they buy from and when do they stop hatching duck eggs. No supply is an issue.

or get eggs from LLee34.

I have a lot of fertile Silver Welsh Harlequin Duck eggs, which I can ship to you any time you want. My duckies lay eggs all year long. Let me know how mny eggs you want. If you are close to Asheville, NC we can arrange for you to pick up ducklings.
I appreciate this offer, but I'm not close to Asheville and we aren't equipped for eggs. Thank you though. :)

Back
Top Bottom