Shipped eggs, Air cells, and Hatch-a-long

So we figured out why they didn't hatch. The thermometer and hydrometer are way off. We got a new thermometer/hydrometer that is way more accurate and are testing the incubator.
New: 100 degrees Fahrenheit & 65% humidity
Old: 107 degrees Fahrenheit & 59%
So now I know why the eggs didn't hatch.

I recently bought 18 eggs from a Dutch bantam breeder. I have never hatched shipped eggs before. Some of the air cells are "saddled" and others are not attached. I have read that you have to put these eggs in egg cartons on day 18. But what about beforehand? Do they need a different humidity? Should I put them in the egg turner?

The plan is to keep the humidity at 45 to 50%. Temp at 99-100F.

Just looking for help and suggestions. :)
Where are you located? I’m desperate for Dutch hatching eggs!

I’m new to this
So when candled and there is a lot of dark surface that means good egg or growing

when half egg is light it means not growing

am I correct
depends on the day.... most of the time we try to candle every week. day 7 we are looking for growth, ie veins, lots of times we see what looks like a spider web with a spider in the middle if the eggs are being rolled on the side, in an upright turner the embryo may be by the air cell so you will not see it as easy but the veins coming out will be visible and I have noticed a color change can be observed where the fluid takes on a redish hue instead of the clear with yellow bobbing orb. DARK brown or olive eggs you may only be able to see the air cell or if it is too dark not even that?? ( blood rings would be pulled). day 14 we are looking for more veins a swimming embryo and movement, this would be the phase where a "slooshy" looking blob with no veins or movement would get pulled. day 18 we are looking to see if most of the egg is dark and the air cell may be starting to draw down on one side.

Back
Top Bottom