Shipped eggs, Air cells, and Hatch-a-long

Thought I heard peeping earlier, but it was birds outside the window. :lau:lau:lau

It's the last day. 11 eggs are fully developed. Humidity is at 60 - 65%. Temps are at 99.5 - 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

And the worry has set in.

Totally freaking out over here. :barnie:barnie:barnie

Its day 21. I haven't heard any peeping and I'm starting to get worried.

We had these eggs shipped, marked to be held at the post office. The office decided to load them up in a truck, cart them around, (EVEN AFTER WE REQUESTED THAT THEY BE HELD AT THE POST OFFICE) and then let us come pick the eggs up.

The eggs were put in on January 5, around 3-4pm. Day 7 candling showed that four were duds. Day 14 candling showed 3 had quit. On day 18, 11 eggs were still going strong. We took them out of the turner and put them in a carton so the saddled air cells wouldn't be a problem.

Temps were 99.5-100 degrees Fahrenheit the whole time. For the first eighteen days, humidity was between 45-55%, a little on the higher side. For lockdown, it was 60-65%.

Am I giving up to early? Nothing has been happening. No peeping, no rolling eggs. I'm worried.

Its day 21. I haven't heard any peeping and I'm starting to get worried.

We had these eggs shipped, marked to be held at the post office. The office decided to load them up in a truck, cart them around, (EVEN AFTER WE REQUESTED THAT THEY BE HELD AT THE POST OFFICE) and then let us come pick the eggs up.

The eggs were put in on January 5, around 3-4pm. Day 7 candling showed that four were duds. Day 14 candling showed 3 had quit. On day 18, 11 eggs were still going strong. We took them out of the turner and put them in a carton so the saddled air cells wouldn't be a problem.

Temps were 99.5-100 degrees Fahrenheit the whole time. For the first eighteen days, humidity was between 45-55%, a little on the higher side. For lockdown, it was 60-65%.

Am I giving up to early? Nothing has been happening. No peeping, no rolling eggs. I'm worried.
Are they in cartons now? You won’t see movement when they are in cartons.

Maybe.

I feel like I rarely hear peeping. It’s pretty faint.

I would wait at least until tonight if not the morning and candle an egg. Be super vigilant that you check as many angles with a light before you open the incubator to see if there are any pips you can hardly see.

I don’t think it’s a bad sign yet. With the shipping issues I would imagine you do have some that don’t hatch but still feel good about you getting some hatches!

Okay. I will candle one tomorrow. Hopefully I've got some better news tonight.

I know I won't get a 100% hatch rate. I'm just worried about getting a 0% one.

Back
Top Bottom