Shipping Ducklings-I am nervous!

viennaproto

Songster
May 9, 2020
Hi all! I ordered 6 call ducklings from Purely Poultry in WI. I got the shipping update last night. The ducklings were accepted by the USPS last night (5/18) and according to the tracking number the expected delivery day is...Thursday 5/21 by 8pm. It seems the ducklings have been stuck at a distribution center in North Dakota since 7 o'clock last night, which is also a bit confusing. I was under the impression the birds would arrive within 24-48 hours (not 72!) and not be sent with priority mail. I'm concerned about this extended shipping time.

I'm guessing there's nothing I can really do at this point except wait for updates. Do y'all think the birds will be okay, or should I prepare myself for disaster? Any special care I should give the ducklings when the arrive to help them recover from the shipping stress?

Thanks for any input or advice!

they can survive 72 hours without feed and water but yeah its stretching it and they will likely be way more stressed which could lead to complications. If they arrive dead, i believe they hatchery might have a live arrival garuntee and might reship. however,I would recomend you hope for the best prepare for the worst and capitalize what comes.

they can survive 72 hours without feed and water but yeah its stretching it and they will likely be way more stressed which could lead to complications. If they arrive dead, i believe they hatchery might have a live arrival garuntee and might reship. however,I would recomend you hope for the best prepare for the worst and capitalize what comes.
Ah, thank you! I am nervous now haha!

i looked look at purely poultrys garuntee which stated that they have a 48 hour garuntee and that the birds you ordered would be alive after that time has passed and that if some or all have died before 48 have passed of them being in your care, they will give you store credit or a refund, excluding shipping.

i looked look at purely poultrys garuntee which stated that they have a 48 hour garuntee and that the birds you ordered would be alive after that time has passed and that if some or all have died before 48 have passed of them being in your care, they will give you store credit or a refund, excluding shipping.
Awesome, thank you so much!! Do you think they will actually arrive within 48 hours or be delayed because of covid?

I am nervous for you! I have ordered my first ducks (really anything because all my chicks I have picked up local) and they are shipping in one month and I am already nervous about that lol!!! Please update us!!

I am nervous for you! I have ordered my first ducks (really anything because all my chicks I have picked up local) and they are shipping in one month and I am already nervous about that lol!!! Please update us!!
Will do!! I am constantly checking the tracking number but they still have not moved! I hope they all make it ):

Back
Top Bottom