shipping trouble?

MillipedeFarm

Chirping
15 Years
Jun 7, 2008
hey i was going to buy some chicks and some pigeons(different places) online and have them shipped to me. but USPS takes 2 days to get to my zip instead of 1 day...and now im reading that some places cant ship to certain zip codes(i am unsure why)

Quote:
The reason why would be that because of your delivery area, the Post Office can't get them to you fast enough that the chicks wouldn't suffer.

The hatchery's will only ship USPS. At least the 5 or 6 hatcheries that I have talked to. They say that the post office is the only ones that will ship live animals.

When I ordered from Meyers they shipped Express and I had my chicks in 16 hours.

Try to order from the closest hatchery that you can.

Last edited:
Quote:
The reason why would be that because of your delivery area, the Post Office can't get them to you fast enough that the chicks wouldn't suffer.

This is the reason for sure. What ya gotta do is call your PO and talk to the person in charge of "live shipments". You need the zip codes of yourself and the shipper. Your PO contact will be able to tell you if they can ship to your zip and if not, how close they can get. Then you have to make arrangements with the shipper to ship there and call that PO with your phone number and instructions to call you and the date expected. Pain in the butt, but worth it. Good luck.....Pop

I just received 15 BO chicks from Ohio. I live in Alabama. After I received the delivery date, I called the P.O. and told them to expect them. The chicks were shipped on Monday and received on Wednesday. The P.O. called at 6:30 a.m. and we picked them up and had them home 20 minutes later. They are doing great and very healthy and active. Of course, they'll drink lots of warm water when they arrive and are hungry, so be prepared to receive them and get them settled in when they get to their new home. We got ours from Cackle hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom