shock or sick?

i had a very hard time trying to give them any. i have 75. so i mixed 3/4th of the tube in some wet feed and poured it in a line in the coop.it seemed as if they all ate equal.
One tube is enough to treat 1250 one pound chickens at .2mg/kg which is the dose that's most commonly used in *all* animals. I'm no expert, but clearly they got too much. None of the others are sick, right? So I doubt that's what killed her.

-Kathy

no, none of the others are sick. i dont even think they had worms. i have never wormed except if you belive that pumpkin is a wormer. i hate any type of meds like that. i prefer natural. i used it because of leg mites. thank you

thank you everyone for your generous outpouring of support. i have never been a drama queen but this really upset me. i have never heard such noises and i know they were of pain and distress. it really took me off guard. i have done my share of culling weak or sick chicks but never anything like this and i hope i never do again. i have a whole new empathy for these little guys after tonight. thank you all for being with me. it was awesome to have the support of so many.

I am so sorry you had to go through this. She might have had an internal organ rupture or a tumour bust. She was obviously not well with noticeable weight loss. She lived to be a good age. She had a great life. Sending hugs your way. ((((Hugs)))))

thank you everyone for your generous outpouring of support. i have never been a drama queen but this really upset me. i have never heard such noises and i know they were of pain and distress. it really took me off guard. i have done my share of culling weak or sick chicks but never anything like this and i hope i never do again. i have a whole new empathy for these little guys after tonight. thank you all for being with me. it was awesome to have the support of so many.
Sorry you had to experience that... I've had a few of them do that, too, and it always harder to deal with than the regular death throes.

-Kathy

your welcome....and even though you felt alone..there were those of us going threw this passing right along with you.
I guess the hurt makes people stronger...in some ways

Granny I am so sorry about your hen. I am just now coming back on here since last night and was very sad to read the rest of this thread. It is never easy to watch them die. Many hugs to you.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom