Should I Assist?

motherhen3000

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2022
This chick popped yesterday at 10am and it’s currently 6:28am the next day. The membrane seems to be yellowing, should I assist? You can see the beak in there moving and it does seem to be moving a bit fast, so is it just still absorbing the yolk? I don’t want to be premature on this? I have 4 already out, o haven’t opened it since lockdown, today is day 22 and I had another pip at 3am this morning so if I do need to assist, do I take it out? TIA!!

This chick popped yesterday at 10am and it’s currently 6:28am the next day. The membrane seems to be yellowing, should I assist? You can see the beak in there moving and it does seem to be moving a bit fast, so is it just still absorbing the yolk? I don’t want to be premature on this? I have 4 already out, o haven’t opened it since lockdown, today is day 22 and I had another pip at 3am this morning so if I do need to assist, do I take it out? TIA!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 10
Patience, it's only been 8 hours. It can take 24 hours after pipping for a chick to fully hatch. If nothing has changed after 24 hours has passed then you start to assist.

Patience, it's only been 8 hours. It can take 24 hours after pipping for a chick to fully hatch. If nothing has changed after 24 hours has passed then you start to assist.
Yes and thank you, but it’s actually on the 17-18th hour. She seems still strong, peeping and moving her beak I just don’t know how much she has dried out or if it’s just there in the opening. The peace that broke away around the dried part was knocked off by her siblings knocking her around, so I wasn’t sure if that was too premature for her and that’s why it was starting to dry out 🤷‍♀️

Yes and thank you, but it’s actually on the 17-18th hour. She seems still strong, peeping and moving her beak I just don’t know how much she has dried out or if it’s just there in the opening. The peace that broke away around the dried part was knocked off by her siblings knocking her around, so I wasn’t sure if that was too premature for her and that’s why it was starting to dry out 🤷‍♀️
Sorry, I read it as 10pm.

You can peel away a little bit of the shell around the pip to see how to the rest of the membrane looks. Just make the humidity is kept up once you open the incubator.

Update! I ended up pulling her and pulling some of the shell away, she was stuck a little more than I could see, put some Neosporin and put her back in the bator. She is now zipping on her own 🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom