Should I be expecting eggs now!?

epeloquin

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Western Massachusetts
One of my girls, a Rhodie named Chico, has been squatting. Today she sat on my lap and I scratched her back, when I did she started trembling and squatted. After I scratched her back she frilled her feathers and shook. I have also noticed that her pelvis is markedly wider than the other chickens.

Is it egg time!?

what age is your rir? mine are 20 weeks and i am like a child waiting for santa for mine to start!!

Quote:
While there are some breeds that are slower to lay, there are also many that start right around 5 months. In fact, most of mine have laid their first egg right on the nose of 5 months. To the OP, it sounds like your girl is getting very close.

Quote:
could u please put a pic up of your girls so i can compare the way they look to mine please??

Quote:
could u please put a pic up of your girls so i can compare the way they look to mine please??

I don't have any recent ones right now, but I will get some after work today and post them tonight.

Quote:

I don't have any recent ones right now, but I will get some after work today and post them tonight.

great thank you!!

here are picsi just took of my girls, how long do you think i willhave to wait

103053_110728_133122.jpg

103053_110728_133102.jpg

103053_110728_133111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom