Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I love welsummers!

Congratulations on the interest in the house. I would love to live more rural than I currently do. A bonfire sounds awesome, and I miss just having the space to stretch out! Ah, well. City water, sewer and power is a good thing.

Already frizzling out!

The one egg on the right looks almost lavender. Very pretty eggs.....
thumbsup.gif
That egg is from a hatchery New Hampshire. There is such a thick layer of bloom, it looks purplish. When wet it looks like an ordinary brown egg.

Well, I did get 11 big girl eggs today!!! A perfect day finally???? Nooooo. No Welsummer egg and 2 from the New Hamp! She must have laid late yesterday after lockup, so I got it in the morning. She just laid again a little while ago after 5pm. Still haven't checked the chicken yard for the potential Wellie egg, so I am still holding out hope for the elusive perfect egg day.
yippiechickie.gif

apparently they feel everything is for them!
you mean it isn't?
ep.gif
well dang...
hu.gif
they sure fooled me!
lau.gif

low egg count today, only 13, still glad I cleared a dozen - I need to bring 5 dozen with me to deliver tomorrow! but the big news is ~ NEW LAYER! ~ not sure if it was Cochin Zira, or the Silkie... I"m leaning toward Zira as she is so red faced now... but I've caught Sillie nosing around in the nests many times, so I just don't know! if I had the egg, I'd have a better clue, but it was soft shelled, and eaten... the sticky mess was all over 2 other eggs. bright orange yolk too...

probably Colorado. depends on job opportunities... but my folks live in Denver, and my granddaughter, Mylee lives in Albuquerque NM. somewhere in between would be perfect. although, I really don't know... might only be able to get a job in say... Oregon... but I doubt that it would be that restrictive.

Back
Top Bottom