Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I am ready to give up!!!!! I let a friend have the 6 remaining littles yesterday... then this morning I found Eleanore dead in a nest box. I've gone from 28 to 18 chickens this week!!!! At this rate, I will be chicken-less this time next week!
he.gif
What the heck Lindz?? What in the world could be killing your chickens? You might need to buy more. So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I am ready to give up!!!!! I let a friend have the 6 remaining littles yesterday... then this morning I found Eleanore dead in a nest box. I've gone from 28 to 18 chickens this week!!!! At this rate, I will be chicken-less this time next week!
he.gif

Oh no! That's crazy. How old was poor Eleanore?

In CA, the state university system will do a free necropsy for small flocks so you can find out what killed your bird. Your state may have something similar. Local ag office might have info. Probably too late for Eleanore (unless you put her on ice
hmm.png
), but it's a good thing, if available, in case the death is caused by something that could affect the others.

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
THREE.. THREE... We laid THREE eggs today!! I got the pen painted and the girls were able to free range all day.
wee.gif
The wasps are horrible. I cant tell you how many times I got bumped by a wasp today. One ended up on my hair and I smacked myself on the head so hard I got dizzy. Tomorrow we go fishing!!

Lindz- sorry about your chicken :( it stinks to lose them!

Other lindz- cute! What is it? A goat?

Cheeka - holy smokes! That's a lot of eggs. Do you deliver? towisconsin

Scrambles (I think) - I hope Rumples gets better soon...

That's as far as my memory goes.

The breeder of my chicks wanted me to enter her chicken photo contest so I figured I would share the link here in case anyone wants to...you know...contribute to my delinquence. If you are interested, you can click here to vote for her every 24 hours. This is the chick that vanished yesterday. If I win I'm going to get some marans probably... here is the link, not sure if you need to be on facebook to vote. Vote

Hopefully that works.

Lindz- sorry about your chicken :( it stinks to lose them!

Other lindz- cute! What is it? A goat?

Cheeka - holy smokes! That's a lot of eggs. Do you deliver? towisconsin

Scrambles (I think) - I hope Rumples gets better soon...

That's as far as my memory goes.

The breeder of my chicks wanted me to enter her chicken photo contest so I figured I would share the link here in case anyone wants to...you know...contribute to my delinquence. If you are interested, you can click here to vote for her every 24 hours. This is the chick that vanished yesterday. If I win I'm going to get some marans probably... here is the link, not sure if you need to be on facebook to vote. Vote

Hopefully that works.
Yes Mortie... you need more chickens.
hide.gif

hit.gif
lindz, what the heck is going on??? could it be that something is getting in to kill your chickens? like a snake? what kills them and just leaves them (other than illness?) I'm distraught for you!
hugs.gif

mortie - you won't need delivery soon enough... just a matter of time before you find those treasures! but I do deliver, and I got a call from one lady who is so hooked on my hens eggs, she wants 2 dozen tomorrow, and 5 dozen on Wednesday so she can take some to Manhattan to share with family. what's she gonna do when I move??? LOL.

love the pic Scrambles, there's not much better than a wonderful Mama and her babies

Back
Top Bottom