Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

they do like me.

i got out a couple of the boys and paraded them around the yard past all the hiding places which I have already checked but thought it was worth a try and still no sign of her.

Well after knocking around for an hr I got nervous that she wouldn't stay on the new nest I put her in... But I gave her a fake egg and she rolled it under herself right away. Once she is done this round if brooding I'm gonna make this area a permanent broody pen.

Well I spoke too soon. As everyone was getting settled for the night squirt got very agitated. I thought I ruined her but w one clip of some wire snips I was able to let her back on "her" nest! She's a happy camper again!

Free range was a nightmare. She was the first one out. She got back about a hour after dark. I have no idea where she went or what she did. Waiting to see. Fully expect to see law enforcement before morning. That's how she rolls.
roll.png

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!!! Rumples is the same today, but she is alert and feisty.
smack.gif
She was with the chicks next to the fencing and Cody was sniffing the chicks when Rump whacked him on the snout.
gig.gif
Si came into the pen and I thought I would let her investigate. That was short lived. She was eating some scratch I threw out for the chicks and Little Bit walked up to her. Si nipped Little Bit, so I smacked Si. Si left.... I really do think that Rumples is as good as she is going to get. We are planning a new coop, so it may include a spot for her. Like a private box on the ground for her to sleep in. Either that or cull her and I would rather not. She is doing such a wonderful job of raising her chicks even though she is crippled. She cannot show them how to scratch with her feet, so she uses her beak. She flaps her wings to help her walk instead if the waddle. She pants because she has some pain. I give her aspirin daily and vitamins in the afternoon. I think that her ultimate fate depends on how the rest of the flock treats her when she is done raising her chicks. I do not want to isolate her forever.

tongue.gif
One broken egg so far today. It looks like Penny was headed up the ramp to the coop when the egg popped out. The girls got a treat.
droolin.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!!! Rumples is the same today, but she is alert and feisty.
smack.gif
She was with the chicks next to the fencing and Cody was sniffing the chicks when Rump whacked him on the snout.
gig.gif
Si came into the pen and I thought I would let her investigate. That was short lived. She was eating some scratch I threw out for the chicks and Little Bit walked up to her. Si nipped Little Bit, so I smacked Si. Si left.... I really do think that Rumples is as good as she is going to get. We are planning a new coop, so it may include a spot for her. Like a private box on the ground for her to sleep in. Either that or cull her and I would rather not. She is doing such a wonderful job of raising her chicks even though she is crippled. She cannot show them how to scratch with her feet, so she uses her beak. She flaps her wings to help her walk instead if the waddle. She pants because she has some pain. I give her aspirin daily and vitamins in the afternoon. I think that her ultimate fate depends on how the rest of the flock treats her when she is done raising her chicks. I do not want to isolate her forever.

tongue.gif
One broken egg so far today. It looks like Penny was headed up the ramp to the coop when the egg popped out. The girls got a treat.
droolin.gif
Some vets realize that a chicken is "not worth treating", so they will tell you to meet them in the parking lot, and they will see your chicken in the back of the car for free.

Back
Top Bottom