Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

what a day! it poured and poured, thunder and lightning... I got the chicken feed in the car just before the big storm hit, and it's still in the car... all the Cluck-Clucks are fine, and all the eggs were clean and dry - and no yolk on any, so I got them before any were taste-tested... 21 in total, 4 from the Fosters, out of 6, but I don't think Big Broody is laying yet, she's not broody at all, which is good, but hormonally, she should be rearing chicks right now, and not laying. anyway, it's National Egg Day. go hug your chickens!
Ah, the colors in your egg basket are gorgeous! I think in Feb I will order a couple EE from our local feed store to get some variet in our egg basket :). I'm quite paranoid about getting pullets or POL from Craig's List because I don't want to bring disease into my flock....or bad behavior or any other problems. :)
We had a ton of rain yesterday also. Most of the streets had over a foot of water on them. The girls hid here and there. The littles did not come out for very long. 3 eggs yesterday.
. Wish we could get some if that rain here in CA.....we DESOERATELY need it!!!!

thanks! I definitely recommend EE's for any and all flocks. they are hardy, lovely, friendly... and their eggs are so beautiful, you might get a few pink layers, but those are very pretty too... as for CL, or taking in other people's birds... you need to have a quarantine pen to avoid disease, it needs to be at sufficient distance because a lot of disease is airborne. behavioral issues are real... but it doesn't take long to change their dynamic to what you have existing. they are responsive creatures. now, some of the "meaner" or "crazier" breeds... you may not get far with those, but EE's as a whole are terrific.

now, I can't remember, because I took a pain killer... but someone has black chicks from several hens eggs and one roo... they won't all look the same once they start to feather in.

I love my EE! Outta 5 birds I get 3 greenish/bluish, one tan and one cream colored.

They are lovely birds!

Well I'm going to call my one bird hop a long. I borrowed a dog crate from my friend and put her in it tonight. I hope she isn't too stressed being in it as I really think she sprained something. At times she walks fine but then will obviously hop wo putting wt on it.

I really like the set up and if I decide to let Nugget hatch some eggs I might do the same thing w her. I have another smaller crate that Rawley was shipped in.

Where is everyone these days?????

[/IMG][/IMG]

Done!

Back
Top Bottom