Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

YAY!!! I did it!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Here is (I hope) two pics of the EE that has given me the 3 eggs. Minus the one my baby dropped sigh......

They are always devastated when they break eggs. My 9 year old broke 3 last week! Come to find out, he was dropping them in our egg basket. They hit each other and instant breakage! So the girls got bonus eggs that day...can't let anything go to waste! Between the chickens and my lab, we do not have any leftover table scraps!

Taking the young'uns to the drive in tonight. We like to do it once a summer. Should be fun. It's How to Train Your Dragon and Guardians of the Galaxy, but we never make it to the second movie.

The Ameracaunas were all running in and out of the coop today. I refuse to speculate what that was about. I spent most of june and july trying to interpret their random weirdness and it'll drive a person batty. If I had to guess though, I would say they had a flask in there and they were running in to get a drink and running out before I saw them.

I made them some oatmeal (just the plain Quaker oatmeal that comes in the canister) and I used a boiled egg for the eyes. The rest were scraps...pepper tops (sweet peppers) for the nose, mango slice for the mouth, and lettuce for hair. I put them on paper plates. I make my girls two since there are 10. They share pretty well, but I wanted to make sure there was enough to go around. The plates were empty in 30 minutes.
You have to be the best chicken mom ever! Love your pies and your pretty eggs and skelter.

Mortie guardians of the galaxy was really good! The humor in it was perfectly timed and the music was great!!!! Stick it out if you can or let the littles fall asleep in car and the adults can watch!

Back
Top Bottom