Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Phew Mortie glad you found shadow!!!

W4W I'll give you some of our rain to supplement yours. There is so much mud it's disgusting. Hubby is working on the floor to the barn and was a muddy mess!

Scrambles I'm so glad rump has lil bit!!!

Mud sucks, but I'll take the rain if you send it! Reservoirs are very low and need filling up! Chickens all had a good day roaming around. Tomorrow will be clear also, but more rain coming for Monday.

Hubby left last night and is now in Hong Kong again for work. 4th (or 5th?) trip this year. Ugh. Still several more hours before reaching final destination in southern China. Takes him about 30 hrs to get from our door to his hotel.
th.gif

W4W, how exhausting! jet lag kicks my butt! I hope his journeys are always safe and that he'll return home soon!

we got a couple of inches of snow overnight, but it's bright and sunny, not too windy... I will probably offer free range in another hour or so... I have to run errands later, stuff I didn't do last night before I came home from work because the weather was so nasty. the fog was terrible - crawled up the mountain, gripping the wheel, wide eyed... trying to pick up every bit of visible light possible... I need to take care of my friend's kitty later, so I'll pick up feed then and take some photos of the Christmas decorations folks are starting to put up.

I had another looker for the house on Friday. no word from the Realtor on either showing. but it's been shown twice in one week...! most activity in 14 months!

Hi XxMingirlxX:frow Hope you stop in and say hi sometime!

Haha, I have been spotted. I wanted to wait until I had finished the thread and after two months I have finally done so! I have read every bit missing nothing from Roger and Biscuits exploits to each egg laid to broodies to chicken math!
I have four hens currently and have just completed my fencing to be fox proof after I had a few deaths. I currently have four chickens, a crazy white leghorn I hatched last year called Zazzles who would love to meet Biscuit. An exbattey babs who looks like she's in a perpetual light molt but is such a sweet girl. Then a few weeks ago a got an Appenzeller called Peggy who was supposedly POL but doesn't look it and a lavender araucana called Selma who has shown no signs of readiness at all, I don't even see a comb! She's a big baby though! I from the north west of England so I'm the first Brit on the thread and the rain is getting me down. Down to one egg a day and really waiting it out with these new girls...... Zazzles is just re growing feathers from a molt and has just resumed laying and babs is getting to the age where she only lays sporadically but I don't mind.
Pics of the gang-

The two new girls

Selma doesn't look ready whatsoever!

Oh by the way my name is supposed to be minigirl but I forgot the i :) I don't mind who you shorten it,
CLindz I love Phylis, I lost my Polish a few months ago and she was one of my favs, a real personality

her

babs and my black rock Hermione, she was a beauty

Hi! Your chickens are very pretty, especially Selma. My 6 hens have certainly cut back on laying too...most of them are molting. I was getting 6 a day up until a couple of months ago...now I'm getting 2-3 a day.

Welcome min!!! You've obviously read the thread w the comment about how we shorten names!!

You chickens are beautiful and yes I am partial to polish!!!!!

I lived in England for 6 yrs when I was a kid. My dad was military but we lived in an English town and I went thru the English school system while there so I consider myself an honorary Brit!!!

Hey so I think I remember a couple of kids tv shows but they were so weird sometimes I think I was making it up. One had a witch and an emu, while the other had opening credits where mice made cookies thru some sort of machine..... Any clue what I'm talking about???

Hey guys! I know that I have been MIA lately. I lost Jezebel on Thanksgiving. She just went downhill really fast and I'm not sure exactly what happened. :( Anyway, we have had some rotten luck the past few months with the van blowing both head gaskets and needing a new water pump, then the pump in the well went out last weekend. It has all gotten me into a funk and I haven't been very motivated. We had Abby's birthday party today and within 30 minutes I was ready for everyone to leave. She turned 4 on Thursday. I'm not sure how that is even possible.

Hey guys! I know that I have been MIA lately. I lost Jezebel on Thanksgiving. She just went downhill really fast and I'm not sure exactly what happened.
sad.png
Anyway, we have had some rotten luck the past few months with the van blowing both head gaskets and needing a new water pump, then the pump in the well went out last weekend. It has all gotten me into a funk and I haven't been very motivated. We had Abby's birthday party today and within 30 minutes I was ready for everyone to leave. She turned 4 on Thursday. I'm not sure how that is even possible.

Happy Birthday Abby!

Here is a big hug from all of us!

It will get better!

Back
Top Bottom