D.gif
smiley-dance006.gif
smiley-dance011.gif
yippiechickie.gif
smiley-cool11.gif
celebrate.gif

smiley-greet013.gif

I got Christmas gifts.
King bed set (black and a grayish stripes)
Slippers, a cordless screwdriver with a light, canning jars, two collapsible funnels, two bubble removers, lids, a Yankee candle and warmer, Starbucks gift card, Walmart gift card, unmmmmm... Oh! My sister got extra yoga stuff, so a mat (that is new, but reeks of fish!!) a strap and two blocks.
Duckling... Wow! A coat for next year, a Frozen bowling set, pony set, some Christmas pillow cases, Sesame Street book and cd set. There's more, but I haven't looked at it all.

the base for the New Year's Pie...

I must have fished her out of that glop at least 4 times...

I'll have to redo this year's Felfie... but it's cute enough to share

Pie is also served a la roost... Max is finished, wiping his beak on the birch... Henry's turn...

probably about 10 Pie piles to choose from in here... they can't decide which one is the best and are dashing about to the point of blur...

Peri: Is New Year here yet? Chester: I don't see it, but be ready to woof okay?

Chester is the biggest love

Mama in the middle, Belle is getting kisses from both sides... kinda damp, but very wonderful!

I have a RIR and a Speckled Sussex. My Sussex started laying at 27 weeks. My RIR has not and they both are 30 wks tomorrow. They both look great. Healthy,happy,super friendly and have great appetites. They spend a lot of time with me,have a large run. Should I be concerned about my RIR ?

frow.gif
G-Girl, nope, just a late bloomer... the short days don't often interfere with Spring pullets starting, but it can... and she probably will lay this coming week... we'd love to see some pics...

MC, that was quite a haul from Santa! Sounds like you had a good time.
smile.png

Cheeka, your flock looks so healthy! Peri looks like she could give Chester a run for his money! How is Mama Belle's eye? How's your knee? Time off now?

W4W, oh yes, the flock is fat and wonderful! there is only one barred rock that is still regrowing feathers... she's still laying eggs... about every other day... and she's almost 4! the other who lays in the Dome is Esther, the bantam Marans who will be 3 this Summer.
the bantam pullets who hatched over the Summer are laying, all cream colored, so Harris is the son of Peach and Red, and he is the Dad to a few of the pullets... he may have one copy of a blue egg gene, he may not... but if he does, so far, he hasn't contributed it to the mix...
Peri is a handful. she gets into everything to the point where I have had to clean up all the small stuff I keep on my desk, coffee table, and end tables... she likes to drink my coffee when I leave the room, which is how I found my earbud the other day, because she spilled the coffee all over the place. I thought she just knocked it over, but I caught her "coffee lipped" this morning, head in my mug, a drip clinging to her chin... she and Chester are thick as thieves - pure unconditional love. he lets her chew on his ears, his tail, eat from his bowl, take his toys and she lets him basically do the same... Belle is a bit more chilled out, but she loves to join in from time to time - it's rare that I have to say anything at all, like "no" or "down"... when they are playing. very harmonious. as for her pushed in eye, it's moist, and she seems to be able to see from it. they both go to the vet on the 5th, so we'll see what my good doctor has to say. both are being introduced and having their records handed over - they are current on everything, but need to be met before they can be spayed.
my knee... hurts. I am off work until cleared by the surgeon sometime in February. I'm bored already. there's not much housework left to do... although the workroom where the chicks are living is a mess... but it doesn't smell. the injured chick started really standing without flapping for balance yesterday, and is doing even better this morning. I was really worried that she would never recover... it's been at least 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom