Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Okay, 3 posts in a row is my limit. Otherwise I just look like a crazy lady talking to herself.
big_smile.png

Oh rats. This will be post #4. I'm doooooomed!

omg, Duckling is going to be a Masterchef Junior! what a love bunny, incredible confidence and ability for one so young! all down to you and allowing her to go forth and explore!

almost time to go pick up Wrangler from school, can't wait to meet her teacher, and hear all about her day!

MC, you probably saw this in Sally & Mike's thread, but with wonderful Wrangler and her huggy classmates and darling Duckling doing all sorts of cool stuff, I wanted to share this one again.

dec72e1f514439c99d9dcad6a149e1bc.jpg

They all start out so good. :love    It's up to us to keep them that way. 

Yes, it is a cute picture and good reminder.

Okay, 3 posts in a row is my limit.  Otherwise I just look like a crazy lady talking to herself.  :D

Oh rats.  This will be post #4.  I'm doooooomed! 

:gig

Cheeka, BYC loses quotes, double posts, and other crazy things. You and I can be on here together, but we each show as a guest to the other.
Anyway, quotes went missing.
Yes, my SPR are broody. All of the chickens are. I'm lucky to have only two so far. Their siblings and mothers started around nine months. They do three to six hatches a year. :th

Okay, what do I need to respond to?
Oh. :oops: I hope I'm doing the right thing with her. I'm trying to keep enough distance so I don't get too hurt. I am just in the past few days realizing that I can't keep letting others teach her. If I don't like what she is doing, I have to stop it. There is more behind that, but this is a public forum. I need to hush up more often.
Duckling is here, I am here. I need to pretend she is mine more of the time.
Btw, she retrieved and unwrapped the butter, and I let her put it in the microwave (she already broke the door. The others let her use their microwaves without help. I am against it, but she was already doing so much yesterday...) and get it out. Dumped it, broke the egg, did some mixing, she can measure things out with help. She needs to be reminded to completely fill the measuring cup. She got the milk for me, and put it away. Rolled out the dough, cut the cookies, was able to get most of them off of the counter and onto the pan. Add colored sugar. Obviously, I could not let her use the oven.
They do have kid sized mitts and utensils. You have to be sure they are the right ones though. Some are just for play. Ironically, the play ones cost more than the real ones. :confused:
Her apron has a rubber spatula.
Have I annoyed you yet?

Okay, what do I need to respond to?
Oh.
hide.gif
I hope I'm doing the right thing with her. I'm trying to keep enough distance so I don't get too hurt. I am just in the past few days realizing that I can't keep letting others teach her. If I don't like what she is doing, I have to stop it. There is more behind that, but this is a public forum. I need to hush up more often.
Duckling is here, I am here. I need to pretend she is mine more of the time.
Btw, she retrieved and unwrapped the butter, and I let her put it in the microwave (she already broke the door. The others let her use their microwaves without help. I am against it, but she was already doing so much yesterday...) and get it out. Dumped it, broke the egg, did some mixing, she can measure things out with help. She needs to be reminded to completely fill the measuring cup. She got the milk for me, and put it away. Rolled out the dough, cut the cookies, was able to get most of them off of the counter and onto the pan. Add colored sugar. Obviously, I could not let her use the oven.
They do have kid sized mitts and utensils. You have to be sure they are the right ones though. Some are just for play. Ironically, the play ones cost more than the real ones.
hu.gif

Her apron has a rubber spatula.
Have I annoyed you yet?

I have a teenager who I don't think could do as much. At least he will say he can't.
lol.png

Keep doing what you are doing! When is her brother due?

I think you are an awesome g'ma! You are giving her your love and a lot of patient guidance :>) The bond is very strong, and it is so valuable. "I want to do it myself!" is really good, but sometimes - "not yet, watch how I do it" is the best course of action. I think. Spilled stuff is part of the play. Em&E love to help clean the kitchen! I'd give them each a sponge and a bucket and they would go to town :>)

I think you are an awesome g'ma! You are giving her your love and a lot of patient guidance :>) The bond is very strong, and it is so valuable. "I want to do it myself!" is really good, but sometimes - "not yet, watch how I do it" is the best course of action. I think. Spilled stuff is part of the play. Em&E love to help clean the kitchen! I'd give them each a sponge and a bucket and they would go to town :>)

Mark, you had better be talking to someone else!
:mad: :rant :smack I'm more your daughter's age!

Back
Top Bottom