Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Well, I'm not doin' to good. I have an anurism on my kidney and a cyst somewhere, I can't really remember where. So, my tummy hurts!!
hu.gif
I just found out today. I'll be all right, though. I have some kind of doctors appointment Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well, I have horrible cabin fever.
sad.png
This cold is making all my critters crabby (except the alpaca of course.) The rain actually overflowed our creek and pond, some of my pasture is a skating rink today. I am carrying water out to my pigs, goofballs, if i give them more than a gallon at a time they want to turn it over for muck. they don't like frozen ground a bit. We didn't get to range today, The ice is thin and i was worried someone would fall in the pond thru the ice. will check it tomorrow to see if the levels dropped any. we laid
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
2 today! Begging my oldest to snap a picture or 2 of my babies, they turn 4 weeks tomorrow.

hahaha W4W, bundled up at 40 degrees??? that's sweatshirt weather round here. I don't even put a jacket on until it's around 20-25, and that's just a jacket... coats are for below zero. I must have some thick blood!

animallover
hugs.gif
and ACW
hugs.gif
hope you both feel better soon! W4W... how's your back holding up? mine cleared up starting on last Thursday, and by Saturday, a full 2 weeks, I was right as rain. still being careful tho'...

Hope everyone is doing well, I have horrible cabin fever.
sad.png
This cold is making all my critters crabby (except the alpaca of course.) The rain actually overflowed our creek and pond, some of my pasture is a skating rink today. I am carrying water out to my pigs, goofballs, if i give them more than a gallon at a time they want to turn it over for muck. they don't like frozen ground a bit. We didn't get to range today, The ice is thin and i was worried someone would fall in the pond thru the ice. will check it tomorrow to see if the levels dropped any. we laid
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
2 today! Begging my oldest to snap a picture or 2 of my babies, they turn 4 weeks tomorrow.
Too cold for me! Wasn't your back bothering you? Any better? I hope you are able to post some pics! You shouldn't have to beg. Try inflicting guilt. It works great if not overused.
big_smile.png

Well, I'm not doin' to good. I have an anurism on my kidney and a cyst somewhere, I can't really remember where. So, my tummy hurts!!
hu.gif
I just found out today. I'll be all right, though. I have some kind of doctors appointment Thursday.

Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. Hope your appointment goes well and that you feel better soon.
hugs.gif

Sending chicken soup thoughts to ACW.
hugs.gif

Yeah Cheeka, we are pretty wimpy around here! I'm actually not as bad as some folks, because I'd rather be cold than too hot. The ground is crunchy with frost, and I've been going out in the morning in flip-flops and a sweater over my pjs to tend the chickens (because my back is still bugging me). When it's dry like it's been (no ice on the windshield) the cold doesn't seem to penetrate as quickly. 24 yesterday and 28 this morning. About 10 degrees below average.

well... as creative as I can be... my first efforts at making a chicken saddle apron did not go well. the first wouldn't stay put on her back. the second was too tight around her wings. the third, she managed to get her feet caught up in the bit of elastic going around the wings, and all and all the fabric was too thin, as when I did manage to get it right for the fourth try... Si re-opened her cut on his 2nd mounting. So, she's back inside for now... and I spent a whopping $13.50 on 4 chicken saddle aprons with free shipping. these are pretty cute and they are double layered, with a softer yet durable fabric underneath that will protect her yet allow feather regrowth. I just hope they ship quickly... so I spent most of the afternoon battening down the dome for the next snowstorm coming tomorrow, got the store bought coop plasticked up too, so not as much snow can drift in or blow in... and I am trying to figure out what to do with the portable run. I've gotten it fairly well covered for the weather, just deciding whether to move it closer to the back door and put Peach and the chicks in there in another month... I don't know!

5 eggs so far today, just waiting on Peach and Betty ~ who no longer has a leg band on (???) don't know how it came off, but her leg is perfect, no scratch...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom