Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I got 7 eggs today! A day so cold that the roads and a plastic bag froze, and my girls gave my 7 eggs!
Woohoo! I got 7 too, but it's in the mid-50s today. Getting closer to normal temps..... finally!

Chuck is molting. She and Roger look like ....ugly. (You do know to be careful using the U word around girls, right? Don't want to damage their psyches. You'd never see another egg again!)
No worries, they will be beautiful in no time. Is Chuck the other barred rock? The sheaths of Spot's pinfeathers have started flaking off and her new feathers are getting fluffy. Doesn't look so bald now, just a really short haircut. Tres chic!

Chuck is my BO hen. One of the Comets must have called either Chuck or Roger ugly. The Comet has a nasty cut comb and is bleeding pretty good. Just noticed it a few minutes ago.

Huh. 7 for me too. I was working on the run or I would have had more. I expected 8.
Red has to go. Body slamming my feet is now attacking my chest and face. I really am paying attention. No reason whatsoever for it. I cannot handle killing again, so I am thinking of who will get him ASAP.

Chuck is my BO hen. One of the Comets must have called either Chuck or Roger ugly. The Comet has a nasty cut comb and is bleeding pretty good. Just noticed it a few minutes ago.
Oh man! I guess what they say about those scorned women is true. Brutal!
smiley-whacky086.gif

Forgot you had BOs. (Kids have sucked out too many brain cells.
roll.png
) 2 each BR and BO and 4 comets? Poor comet. Just in case it was an accident, though, check around for a loose wire or something dripping with blood.

Huh. 7 for me too. I was working on the run or I would have had more. I expected 8.
Red has to go. Body slamming my feet is now attacking my chest and face. I really am paying attention. No reason whatsoever for it. I cannot handle killing again, so I am thinking of who will get him ASAP.
7 must have been the magic number for today.
Too bad for Red, but there are tons of nice roosters out there needing homes. No reason to put up with a nasty beast.

I have 2 others. One accidental (hatchery made a mistake) and one intentional. The shy Ameraucana has been crowing up a storm the past week, and mating anything he can (mostly the JG's) Tonight while I was working inside the run (roof was sagging, I removed it, and put up wire. Just in time! Snow and ice tonight!) Rocky, the RIR, and Shadow were both covering girls at the same time, and Red was either watching or I just didn't catch him jump off anyone. One thing is for sure. If I hatch eggs, I will end up with Easter Eggers. I just can't remember (does anyone know?) if RIR/Ameraucana makes an EE, Ameraucana/anything makes an EE or both, as long as one blue gene is there?

Back
Top Bottom