Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Three White Rocks and six GLW

Biker Chick seat belts.

AWWWW
love.gif
gotta love the seatbelts
lau.gif

Thank you everyone, kind words, and yes, I usually don't get this attached. The "food animals" get food names or my DD's give them cute baby names
roll.png
. I hunt, and have slaughtered other animals, rabbit, squirrel, deer, chicken... etc even raccoon once
sickbyc.gif
. I don't know why this upset me so much, DH was even surprised, I am not a crying type person. I guess cause he had that blind trust look, I goofed and looked at his eyes....oops. Bacon would run around like a lil piglet and get so excited when I started the tractor, he knew mommy was bringing him a roll of hay. Its one of those reality checks, you have to reassess priorities and let it go.

JCH, it's never easy, and it doesn't ever become "easy". we must eat, what you and your family have done to provide for yourselves is amazing. you have a good heart, you don't kill for fun... Bacon really didn't know it was coming and I am certain it was swift and clean.
hugs.gif
the meat will be the very best quality. that is something you cannot neccessarily get at the market.

W4W, I love the butter fingers in the hair too! cracks me up every time I watch it! she's a Libra, born 10/20/09, same day as her Auntie Dana, who just gave birth to Jackson. I miss her terribly.

I was searching online for kennel fencing and stuff, need to build the bachelor pen... and I came across a Craig's List ad for 2 10x10x6 dog kennels in the next town, 200 ea with a fee for delivery. I got them! well... I will have them on Tuesday... and bc I live so close, he won't charge me for delivery! however, I will insist that he takes $40 for gas and his time. I will drive over tomorrow afternoon and check them out and pay for them. he will bring them later in the day. I'm taking them regardless. I can do a lot with them! he says they're nice... and complete... so, my plan is to cover them, install roosts, and put 2 boys in each pen. Archie and Royce in one, and Si and Carl in the other. Carl is all straightened out and handsome. he will look just like Royce I suspect...I still will eat him in another 2-3 months, then I will have a breeding pen!

I'm so tired, so sore, not sure why... kind of feel sick. i am seriously considering calling in.

sickbyc.gif
i did it! i called in sick! my route was already covered, I just had to let my boss know, and tell ms so and so that she had to go do her own route! ahhhhhhhhh, now what??? I almost feel guilty. I'm gonna finish my coffee later! I'm going back to bed!

W4W, i have a couple more vid's of her from the same day, one, singing while washing her little bowl and the other, eating her eggs. i'm loading them on youtube now. they should be done by the time I get back up

this is a short video of Mylee at the computer, changing font colors... the other videos are on my youtube page...

4 eggs so far today, one is wrinkled and lopsided, and looks like it should have been green... but it's light brown with a few spots of tint. i'll get a pic later

JCH, it's never easy, and it doesn't ever become "easy". we must eat, what you and your family have done to provide for yourselves is amazing. you have a good heart, you don't kill for fun... Bacon really didn't know it was coming and I am certain it was swift and clean.
hugs.gif
the meat will be the very best quality. that is something you cannot neccessarily get at the market.

W4W, I love the butter fingers in the hair too! cracks me up every time I watch it! she's a Libra, born 10/20/09, same day as her Auntie Dana, who just gave birth to Jackson. I miss her terribly.

I was searching online for kennel fencing and stuff, need to build the bachelor pen... and I came across a Craig's List ad for 2 10x10x6 dog kennels in the next town, 200 ea with a fee for delivery. I got them! well... I will have them on Tuesday... and bc I live so close, he won't charge me for delivery! however, I will insist that he takes $40 for gas and his time. I will drive over tomorrow afternoon and check them out and pay for them. he will bring them later in the day. I'm taking them regardless. I can do a lot with them! he says they're nice... and complete... so, my plan is to cover them, install roosts, and put 2 boys in each pen. Archie and Royce in one, and Si and Carl in the other. Carl is all straightened out and handsome. he will look just like Royce I suspect...I still will eat him in another 2-3 months, then I will have a breeding pen!

I'm so tired, so sore, not sure why... kind of feel sick. i am seriously considering calling in.

Glad you are taking a day a off. Rest up while you can! Hope you didn't catch little kid germs. Those are the worst. My boys were supposed to be Libras, but both were born 3+weeks early. I bet Mylee will be ready for kindergarten before she turns 5 yrs. They have changed the law in CA, and neither of my guys would have been allowed to start when they did. It's worked fine for them and they will graduate at 17 now.

Bachelor pen makes it sound so cool! Bet they will hate being away from their ladies, though. It's good that you are taking all of the roos out, otherwise it would be hard to split the harem if Royce or one of the others were allowed to claim them all.

I was 4 in K-garten too. also 17 at graduation. the only thing that bugged me, was that I couldn't take driver's ed in HS. in NY, you have to be 16.5 before taking the class, and that meant senior year... I signed up for it, but all the colleges I had applied to required a 3rd year of math (only 2 years req to graduate, and I hate math) so I had to drop the driver's ed in exchange for Algebra II and Trigonometry. I didn't take drivers ed until I was almost 19, took it through Bell Auto School.... I came >< that close to being a devout pedestrian for life, but that also requires one to live in a city. and there is no way I could survive in a city without being a mental case. I'm not sure what the rules are in New Mexico, but I am certain that Mylee will excel in school. this child is fearless and determined to grasp independence and never let go! as for my "bug", I was thinking about kid germs too... her sister is 7, came over most days after school, where all the snot factories are in high gear. I went back to bed, but it took me almost 90 minutes to warm up, and then slept for a few hours. I'm taking tomorrow off too. I won't spread my germs around work like everyone else does. one more day of rest will be great, and I can still go take care of getting those kennels over here and set up. I do need to pull all the roosters out, like you said W4W, no way will I let one boy claim everyone. if I put 2 boys in each pen, they will have ample space to live. nice high roosts... and it's just a matter of time before Peach and her chick can be moved into the dome, then I have another pen available for hospital, or brooding... or growing out...

the explosions in Boston at the Marathon finish line is so scary. Dana and her family are safe, 10 miles away, but her very best friend who is 8.5 months pregnant cannot reach her parents who were watching from the finish line area. I hit rewind on the news bulletin "special report" so I'm a bit behind, but they've reported a 3rd bomb, detonated by police, 2 dead, 23 wounded... tragic.

Oh my goodness, how terrible about the bombings. Our tv has been out for several days, so have been missing the news. Too many lunatics running loose in the world.

In CA they have dropped drivers ed from the high school curricula. Not as much peer pressure that way maybe. It's all online now.

Very windy here today. The chickens don't like being blown around and having their feathers mussed. Only 4 eggs today.
hmm.png

A picture of Ms Broody. Caught her off her nest this evening for the first time. Her egg numbers had gone fron the 14 hatching eggs I gave her to 19 eggs. Good thing I marked the fertilized eggs with a pencil. I quickly found the new eggs and removed them from the nest. She couldn't have laid 5 eggs since last Thursday night. Will she stop laying? Somebody is helping her and I think it is ROGER. Looks like the eggs she lays. I'm a littled confused about these new eggs that keep showing up. She can't cover 19 eggs......

I don't think. And won't they rot if I don't collect them? They sure won't hatch. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom