Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

http://youtu.be/Y_UrZ837nHQ

thumbsup.gif
the video is still processing, but that link is for "Cooking with Mylee" it's a bit long... but cute

eta, it'a working

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a nice weekend, Cheeka it sounds like you have an awesome group of people supporting your dear mylee.
I spent saturday in manhatten and came home around 7pm to seven eggs. It was very nice. I had left a little night light on for them because I would be gone all day and felt guilty they wouldnt get to come out and play. Sunday I did my weekly cleanup and changed around roosts...so that everyone could fit on the same height. I got three eggs :( . I am still curious to know how many are actually laying. Guess what...no white eggs...I am really at a loss for whats up with this white egg issue. I might just start painting butts with food color this week. If I really get bored. Planted some lettuce, spinach, and kohlrabi out in the garden. Picked all my carrots ...which the chickens have been eating all winter for some fresh produce. I am debating if I should even do my normal garden this year, but it seems wrong for spring to be here and me not be out in the garden. Motorcycle my husband loves those cable ties...he swears they are just like duct tape and can do anything lol. I have to find a funny picture he took of them and show it to you.

I posted that last post, looked up, and the neighbor's dog was mauling and chasing my chickens. Feathers all over the yard and a few partially bald birds. Hate those dogs!

Sounds like you are familiar with the dog.
sad.png
That's terrible. Send that neighbor an estimate for what it would cost him to replace your chickens, or even better, what it will cost him when you have to take the chickens to vet! Haha! He doesn't want to take care of his dog but he might if it involves his wallet!

Hope your chickens are okay.

http://youtu.be/Y_UrZ837nHQ

thumbsup.gif
the video is still processing, but that link is for "Cooking with Mylee" it's a bit long... but cute

eta, it'a working

Adorable! We both told her to stir the middle at the same time.
lol.png
She seems pretty grown up for 3. What month was she born? Loved the butterfingers in the hair!
tongue.png
And your new stove!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, Cheeka it sounds like you have an awesome group of people supporting your dear mylee.
I spent saturday in manhatten and came home around 7pm to seven eggs. It was very nice. I had left a little night light on for them because I would be gone all day and felt guilty they wouldnt get to come out and play. Sunday I did my weekly cleanup and changed around roosts...so that everyone could fit on the same height. I got three eggs :( . I am still curious to know how many are actually laying. Guess what...no white eggs...I am really at a loss for whats up with this white egg issue. I might just start painting butts with food color this week. If I really get bored. Planted some lettuce, spinach, and kohlrabi out in the garden. Picked all my carrots ...which the chickens have been eating all winter for some fresh produce. I am debating if I should even do my normal garden this year, but it seems wrong for spring to be here and me not be out in the garden. Motorcycle my husband loves those cable ties...he swears they are just like duct tape and can do anything lol. I have to find a funny picture he took of them and show it to you.

What breed do you have that lays white eggs? Ancona? It's been over a week and still nothing from my Leghorn (except an attitude). She mounted another hen that had come over to say hello to me, so I grabbed her and held her to the ground. All the other girls came round to witness her humiliation. Maybe I'll get a humble white egg tomorrow, but not holding my breath!

Sounds like you are familiar with the dog. :(   That's terrible. Send that neighbor an estimate for what it would cost him to replace your chickens, or even better, what it will cost him when you have to take the chickens to vet!  Haha!  He doesn't want to take care of his dog but he might if it involves his wallet!

Hope your chickens are okay.

They are chihuahuas. They get under the fence :rolleyes: we keep blocking entries and they keep finding new ones. Poor Lacy was curled up in a ball. She lost wing feathers and has a bald patch. Stupid dog had her pinned to the ground. He got Nox and Opal too. All of our neighbors have chihuahuas. Henry would attack them and protect the girls, but now I have to chase the little rats and they are people aggressive also. Not my favorite breed, but small a bough that no real injury came to the girls.

Back
Top Bottom