Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I have a pipped egg!! They are due to hatch tomorrow!

My incubator is due Sunday, but I am hoping for tomorrow. I expect one egg to hatch. I certainly hope you have a great hatch!
fl.gif

fl.gif
for AL's hatch! so cool!!!

Sally, it may be the spider W4W mentioned... we do call them Wolf Spiders up here. harmless, but gross. I find them in my tub from time to time.

I'm just in from a very long and hot day... and still have one errand to run... my car was in the shop finally to get the steering wheel put back together from when the air bag blew up. so I was driving my enormous Tahoe for the mail today. far too nice a truck to drive the mail in, and far too wide and too tall. I'm sore. going to let the gang out for a bit, and then cut some more grass... bbl!

It's a broody hen! There are a few pipping now... so excited!!! I thought it was a doomed hatch because the others kept pushing her out/pushing the eggs out

Wonderful news! Hope you and MC have great hatches and show us lots of cute fluffy chicks!

Sorry Peach is sad. My broody is still trying, despite my best efforts. Now her half sister is getting the urge.
barnie.gif
If they still want to brood after we get back from vacation, then I will get them some chicks. Won't work logistically while we're gone.

Sally, what did you do with the spider? We usually call any of those big monsters wolf spiders too, but I haven't seen one quite that big and with those distinctive stripes. Did you try a web search? Critter id is kind of a hobby of mine. When we were kids, my brother found a big grey wolf spider submerged in the dog water. He brought it in and we examined it thoroughly before he left it on his dresser on a paper towel. Forgot all about it and after dinner he kicked what he thought was one of my hair clips lying on the floor. It started crawling! Hahaha! Freaked him out good! Guess all our poking and prodding was spider CPR. We caught it and put it back outside.

This morning 3 eggs were out from under Beth. I scooted them closer to her. I am sure she was still trying to adjust to her new surroundings. Probably happy too. The other coop hasn't had grass in a while! She did her poo on the ramp.
sickbyc.gif
I want to hose it off, but it would scare the heck out of her and Midnight.
She was laying on all her eggs a bit later.
I think Baby is expecting early. Today she was cooing and babbling. She has not done that since the last time I bothered her almost a week ago.
AL, how is it going? Are they out yet??
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom