Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Clarabelle is on day 10 from her first eggs. After reading, I have decided that I may have messed up with having the eggs under her on different days. Oops, I guess it will be a lesson learned if she doesn't hatch them all. Amelia is sitting on one egg, but I am getting some from my cousin and a friend tomorrow to put under her. Would it be awful to take the one she has been sitting on for 3 days away from her so that all her's "start" on the same day. She isn't as "stuck" to the nest as Clarabelle and I am afraid that if the one egg hatches a couple of days early that she may not stay on the nest to hatch the others. Oh this is nerve wrecking! I guess we will just hope for the best and go from there!
Pullet or cockerel? About 14-17 weeks.... I have 2 that look just alike.

another pic.

My Blue Cochin... 14-17 weeks....

Close up of one of my ?'s

My 2 pancake chickens!

One of my younger cochins. 10-12 weeks.

My mystery pullet? I am guessing a pullet. It hangs out with my Rouge that we decided was a cockerel. About 14 weeks I am guessing and about the size of my Bantams... No idea what she is though.... Can't get within 10 feet of her.

Five more minutes and here we are
yippiechickie.gif

Ya'll, this has been so fun to keep up with all the ragging and tagging. :lau

Certainly makes me want to start a hatch, hubby says no way, too much going on right now...:confused:

However, we have a white Columbian Wyandotte who has decided she is staying put, at least for the past few days. Hmmmm, he didn't say They (hens) couldn't hatch!! ;)

I think I'm just going to leave a few eggs tomorrow rather than collect, heehee :lol:
Good luck ladies... Keep the pics coming...

Cheeka so sorry about your babe, that one was a cutie pie.

Lindz, hope she sits for you.

Wow Motorcycle chick!!!! That's a lot of eggs. That's great! If I may ask, how many hens do you have laying?
Try the restaurants...right now we have a small one who takes a couple dozen every week or so. We only have 10 laying hens, and waiting on 8 pulletts to get started.
Chirp.

Last edited:
Ran to the store and came back to you having three out ! Great news OK!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So are you going to slip em under RK tonight? Thats my real reason for wanting a broody...easier to let her raise them and introduce them to the flock.

Lindz to me the first one looks like a pullet, but what does she look like compared to her siblings or flock mates of the same age. The last one that your calling a pullet, I think is a boy but I know nothing. I still have a little boy with a mystery chick that I am starting to think might be a boy too.

Wow OK! that is so cool! I want them all to hatch and you'll have a tie! RK wins anyway cuz she gets all the chicks! it's only day 20, your fourth egg may hatch yet...

I ended up with 15 Eggs today, but one was cracked, fed it to the hens nearby. still no free range for the gang, I'm suspicious of predators and it's been weirdly foggy and cloudy. being at the top of the mountain, it can be densely cloudy... lots of fresh fruit and veggies today - got some donations from friends, stuff that was starting to get soft...

I'll be up early OK, I'll expect a morning report!

Ran to the store and came back to you having three out ! Great news OK!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

So are you going to slip em under RK tonight? Thats my real reason for wanting a broody...easier to let her raise them and introduce them to the flock.

Lindz to me the first one looks like a pullet, but what does she look like compared to her siblings or flock mates of the same age. The last one that your calling a pullet, I think is a boy but I know nothing. I still have a little boy with a mystery chick that I am starting to think might be a boy too.
Only one is out Sally. Took several pictures of it. Good question you ask. When do I give them to RK. I think I should keep the lid closed until the others hatch. What do you all say? Tomorrow? Do I need to do anything for them tonight? Working tomorrow and can't stay up all night. Guess I could bring Roger in the house to sit up with them.

Wow OK! that is so cool! I want them all to hatch and you'll have a tie! RK wins anyway cuz she gets all the chicks! it's only day 20, your fourth egg may hatch yet...

I ended up with 15 Eggs today, but one was cracked, fed it to the hens nearby. still no free range for the gang, I'm suspicious of predators and it's been weirdly foggy and cloudy. being at the top of the mountain, it can be densely cloudy... lots of fresh fruit and veggies today - got some donations from friends, stuff that was starting to get soft...

I'll be up early OK, I'll expect a morning report!
Thanks cheeka. And you will get a report in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom