Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Ok, so I am still getting 0 eggs! The G.Comet girls were hatched at the end of May (not sure exact date thinking the last Wed.) That would put them being 16 weeks old. So theoretically, they could start laying any time, but I know it will probably be a few weeks more. So with the new girls molting, Clarabelle raising babies, and the rest not quite old enough I am getting 0.....
hu.gif

Oh, and I think I figured out how to upload a video, so here is my rooster that sounds like a dying turkey.
0.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, farmer people. With temperatures going down to 36 and 38 the next few nights (3/4) do I have to pull all my vegetables? I don't think they can survive those lows, but I am asking if anyone knows for sure?

lindz, that little guy is so cute! and you should be fine just covering the plants with anything you have handy, tarps, sheets, blankets... it's what I do, and it has never failed, even during a heavy frost!

8 Eggs today, it's getting more consistent again.

lindz, that little guy is so cute! and you should be fine just covering the plants with anything you have handy, tarps, sheets, blankets... it's what I do, and it has never failed, even during a heavy frost!

8 Eggs today, it's getting more consistent again.
Little guy?!!!!? He is only about 11 weeks old and already bigger than the Golden Comets! He is going to be a MONSTER! G,C's hatched end of May.... he hatched in mid July, according to guy I got him from.

Look! I'm king of the Momma!

This shot really shows how small of a chicken Clarabelle is! That is a pie pan beside her with food in it!

I think Operation Chick Adoption was a success!

She has moved everyone out of the nesting box and onto the shavings of the coop floor... Not sure why, but what ever! LOL. I am going to take advantage and clean them out when Hubby gets home to watch the kiddos!

Back
Top Bottom