Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

It just started raining over night here. I left the coop window open a little last night so I am hoping that it didn't rain in. I will go down when it gets light out and check on everyone. Guess they get to stay voted up today! Wish I had a big bag of goodies to give them to keep them busy. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Stay safe!

storms are going to hit us today, super high winds, rain, thunder, lightning... hope to get home before it's too rough! I'll need to make sure the pens for Peach and the Cochins are okay, they are the only ones without lots of protective covering, just tarps on the roofs. the bachelor pens have trees to help block weather and the dome's vinyl has been pulled over for complete coverage. the last time we had drenching rains, poor Peach's nest had a couple of inches of water sitting in it... I felt so bad. it has since been moved to a more central spot in her pen, so that helped a lot...

the mail has been coming extremely late on a daily basis, so late, some of the larger routes cannot be completed in the time given before the outgoing trucks depart... at least not completed safely... I have to take an hour's worth of mail from 2 other routes. last Monday, the mail was over 2 hours late. wonder how long we'll be waiting today...?

I think we may have a touch of cocci in the brooder coop!
barnie.gif
Noticed some bloody poo in there this morning.... Going to have hubby pick up some meds on his way home.

Yikes lindz!
fl.gif

I've done another dose of the Denogard, this morning, little OEGBrutus is coughing and he can't make a full crow. he perps and makes all his other noises just fine, but it's too much strain to crow. I've listened to his breathing, put his littleness right up to my ear... no wheezy sounds... Tiger is looking much better, I was hoping no one else would pick it up... I have no where to separate sick babies without contaminating another area...I have to start scrounging again, I'm out of building stuff and clearly, I need another pen.

the mail was 2 hours 15 minutes late this morning. total disaster. and now the storm has hit and it is torrential! I hustled to get through it all so I could zip straight home... Peach and the Cochins pens are wet on the ground, but the kennels are dry and all the birds were inside the kennels, I had minor repairs to make to the bachelor pen roof, few leaky spots, one sections feed bowl was filled with water. the other 2 sections were good. the dome had one half of a piece of vinyl blow back, so all of those birds were hanging toward the back of the dome, but once I fixed it, they moved forward, it's pretty dry, the one part that got wet drains downward back to the outside so it's not even muddy.

1 Egg in the store bought coop nest, and Betty and Blossom are sitting now... I was drenched and didn't want to drip all over them to see how many they might be sitting on... I'll go back out later. we have tornado warnings til 5... high winds and heavy downpour warnings til 10 tonight...
th.gif

Brutus is crowing again, robustly, must have been a frog in his throat this morning... they are all crowing... I went out, all is well, not sure why the ruckus... I do have 8 Eggs, including one tiny beautiful brown one... but the boys are crowing, not singing the Egg song... the storm is either over, or we're smack in the middle, maybe that's why... it's suddenly quiet and they are filling the void?

Ok I need some advice....... there is a chicken swap about 30 minutes from my house this weekend. There is a lady going to be there with some EE pullets.... She sent me pictures of a couple that I think are beautiful! She is asking $10 each for them.... What should I do?

gig.gif
what to do...what to do... load up the kennel and head on out! the first pic looks so much like my Lily who never got to lay an egg last year before the fox got her... and my current girl Tiger... not quite as lacy as this one is gorgeous... she lays a green egg... the second pic looks so much like my Isis... she hasn't had tail feathers in so long... I forgot that she ever looked like that! (actually, she is feathering in beautifully finally) she lays a jumbo blue egg - now those girls will lay the color they lay, but as your friend and enabler... I say do it!

Rehomed my big Heritage Delaware rooster tonight. A friend was glad to get him. By far my best looking bird. He will be the crown jewel of his flock. Wish I could keep them all.

that's wonderful that you were able to find a good home for him, he's a really handsome roo. I keep too many. I need to process Carl, he stands good and straight, but if you felt his neck... yikes! it's sideways and bizarre... can't breed him and he's not that friendly. he's not aggressive, just a big chicken. it would be smart to eat him.

Back
Top Bottom