You Can Call Me A Lair
Paint My Vent Blue
But You Can Bet Your Last Dozen
My Story Is True
In One End Goes Pie, Then Just Behind My Legs
Fill Up Your Carton With "Rogers Fresh Eggs"
Please pick me up off the floor
lau.gif

Well cheeka..... I broke down and did it! I squirted about half a cc of blue food coloring into Bonnie's vent.....
hide.gif
I am tired of wondering if she is laying or not....

My name is Lindsey and I have a chicken problem....

You all may laugh now!
lau.gif
I have to do that to my ducks, I want to know who is laying!
gig.gif

It is great to see egg numbers on the rise! The real first sign of spring. I know our cold is nothing compared to everyone in the northern parts of the country, but I moved to Florida to be warm! Just like the pictures you see on FB with the Floridians in their overcoats and scarves, and the northerners in their shorts and t-shirts! It is only getting into the 50's here in Southern Florida. Yuck. I know, no sympathy.

So someone asked to see my egg baskets. I am sure the pictures will not do them justice, but I love the look of Cheeka's egg baskets and I had to have them too!

LOVE all the colors!
I hope when the dreaded processing time comes, I will be able to find someone to help show me the ropes.
If you don't I can pm you several links. The first time is hard, but you just have to remind yourself...
You gave them a good life, and WOW is it ever the most amazing chicken you will ever eat!
Let's us know how it goes Lindz!!! I'll be in your state next weekend. Going to NC to pick out our puppy. Can't wait!!!!
jumpy.gif
I love babies in the spring (shhh i know its not spring yet)
What kind of puppy are you getting?

See, now, I had a plan. I got a green egg layer, a light brown egg layer, a chocolate egg layer and I am anticipating getting a blue egg layer. I thought it would be easy to tell who laid what. I didn't anticipate how cooperative they would all be by no one laying ANYTHING.

he.gif

C'mon, chickens, think egg thoughts! C'mon eggs in the 'bator, think hatching thoughts.

waiting...waiting...waiting

See, now, I had a plan. I got a green egg layer, a light brown egg layer, a chocolate egg layer and I am anticipating getting a blue egg layer. I thought it would be easy to tell who laid what. I didn't anticipate how cooperative they would all be by no one laying ANYTHING.

he.gif

C'mon, chickens, think egg thoughts! C'mon eggs in the 'bator, think hatching thoughts.

waiting...waiting...waiting
fl.gif
sending hatching and laying vibes!

It is great to see egg numbers on the rise! The real first sign of spring. I know our cold is nothing compared to everyone in the northern parts of the country, but I moved to Florida to be warm! Just like the pictures you see on FB with the Floridians in their overcoats and scarves, and the northerners in their shorts and t-shirts! It is only getting into the 50's here in Southern Florida. Yuck. I know, no sympathy.

So someone asked to see my egg baskets. I am sure the pictures will not do them justice, but I love the look of Cheeka's egg baskets and I had to have them too!

absolutely superb! the colors are gorgeous - love the dark olive so much... it's so great to have such a variety isn't it???

Love all the egg pics! And great news on soo many eggs!
We laid 6 quail eggs, 1 pullet egg and 1 pekin egg today.
Wanted to share my first chicks this year: 2 OEGB and 2 sexlinks!

love.gif
adorable! c'mon Spring!
fl.gif
really hoping Peach has the desire to hatch again this year!

all the pics are so great! strong laying and hatching wishes going out to Whoops

- and Sully, you do have my sympathy for the weather... now that you're blood's all thinned out... 50* is sweater weather...

it's already snowing
sad.png

Last edited:
Snow here too. I know I have whined about it before, but I am again! I have a snowblower that only dh knows how to start. I say he needs to show me, and he gets distracted by something else every time he says he will "in a minute". I am so tired of shoveling snow! Having to clear the whoooooooole driveway is the worst!
What bugs me more is my pride. I think I have convinced dh to show me, but after all this time (and snow) I am too mad to want to know anymore. You all know that is only punishing me, but I am just so ticked!!
Soooooo, how are the flocks today? It is going up to a whopping twenty degrees here today!
1f600.png

Beautiful eggs and chicks and birds! Today, I noticed Hattie, my crazy wannabe rooster ee has her comb getting red. I had a brief flash of hope that maybe I would get eggs, soon, but then realized it's merely a new way to taunt me. Evil chickens.

We haven't had any precipitation at all this year so far. I guess, living in the desert has its advantages. It's always kind of amusing when Lowes and Albertsons put their snow shovels out with "sale" signs all over them. They must have had those same shovels for years. The first big snow after I moved here I went out and shoveled my walk that night. My neighbors watched me, through their windows, curiously. Next morning, my walk was nice and clear, and so was theirs. It doesn't even melt - it subliminates, if that is the word, evaporating directly from frozen snow.

Anyway, I will think subliminal thoughts for all you snowbound people, and wish that Alaska would take their weather back!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom