Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Hello all! It has been a long while since I have been on here (200 posts behind but before that I had skippe 200). It sounds as though Roger is still up to her old tricks and the BBBRB (Big Bad Barred Rock Brigade) is still in force. I think it was around Christmas that I was last following real closely. Cheeka, beautiful pics as always. I can't believe how much the babies have grown! MC, I am sorry to hear about your house guest ( I don't like chocolate either :oops:)

I have six chicks in the brooder right now. Three houdans and three wheaten ameracaunas. They are almost two weeks old now. I totally need to get pics of them. My mom made fun of me for taking more pics of my chickens than my children so I haven't taken any pictures of either for a while . Definitely need to take pics of the new babies.

I have been trying to hatch eggs but so far they aren't getting to the actual hatch part of the story. I have bought lots of eggs so I sure hope I haven't wasted all that money and all those lives.

Hi LilW, nice to hear from you! looking forward to seeing pics of your chicks, and to hear how the hatching goes... now that I have an official broody... I've started to get the hatching bug... good luck with all of your eggs!
(it amazes me when I learn that someone doesn't like chocolate... I like good chocolate... unfortunately, American chocolatiers are allowed to use ingredients that are forbidden in other countries... it truly affects the taste and texture.)

frow.gif
fishon
welcome-byc.gif
and the BR compendium of all things Pie!

Last edited:
Hi Lilwanis! Interesting chicks you have there. I love how Houdans look and I have a Wheaten Ameraucana, but I didn't get to raise her, so I hope you can show some pics soon. I'm the same way about my photos, way more chicken pics than kid pics, but the chickens grow so much faster, so I feel justified!

MC, I can just picture those chicks in the feeder. With only two, ours are really funny, both trying to get under each other at the same time. Hmmm... Old Aunty doesn't like chocolate huh? How about sour pickles?!!
big_smile.png

Cheeka, I'm with you about the good chocolate, but will even eat the mediocre stuff if that's what's around.
lol.png
It is my only addiction- no alcohol, no caffeine, no drugs, but I gotta have chocolate! When MC said Old Aunty doesn't like chocolate, I was going to say that we just identified the problem, that there's no hope for her. (But then I read Lilwanis' post. No offense Lilwanis!!!
smile.png
) I think it might have something to do with people's sensitivity to bitter tastes. I like bitter flavors, always munching parsley and celery leaves, but for some folks bitter is very uncomfortable. I think it might be an innate defense mechanism, as many toxins taste bitter.

that must be it, W4W. I've always liked bitter foods when I was really little, eating out... I would take everyone's parsley/kale garnishes and eat them.

I was watching one of the food network channels - show called Eat Street - some lady was making PB&J sandwiches, dipping them in pancake batter and frying them up, served with powdered sugar. someone else (or maybe the same lady...) was putting peanut butter in mustard. I have twisted taste buds, and like weird stuff, but I'm not sure about PB & Mustard. I will try it
big_smile.png

They use a lot of peanuts and peanut sauces in Thai food (which I love
droolin.gif
). Peanuts go with a surprising amount of flavors, including yellow curry, which is similar to mustard without the vinegar. Tell us how your taste test goes!

The best thing with peanut butter? Chocolate, of course!

They use a lot of peanuts and peanut sauces in Thai food (which I love :drool ).  Peanuts go with a surprising amount of flavors, including yellow curry, which is similar to mustard without the vinegar. Tell us how your taste test goes!

The best thing with peanut butter?  Chocolate, of course!

I can agree with that :) I don't hate chocolate I just am not a huge fan of it. I have moments here and there where I crave it though...my sister in law sent us chocolate from Germany for Xmas. It is mostly untouched. Now ice cream, I don't like that at all, not even a little.

I got 14 eggs today! The only hens that didn't lay are my EE and Ameraucana. Woo hoo! Great day!
roll.png
Yes, I put them straight in the fridge to appease Aunt Lee. She is mostly being nice, but insists that everyone is physically abusing her. She also made me make her soup for her supper, and as usual stood there stirring it, watching it, fussing about "Do you know how to make it? Those noodles are too small! There is too much sodium!" It is her soup!

Back
Top Bottom