Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

got a couple of crappy pics through the window, FOX in the yard! big red fox! banged on the window... it ran off through the woods... I have a super long day today, no chance of getting home before 6. now I'll worry all day. I'll have to post pics later... have a great day everyone!

(it was passing through the yard, didn't really stop moving, but did take a long hard look at the rooster pens. might have changed its mind and headed toward if I didn't bang on the window. no time to get around to the other side of the house for the gun. now I need a second gun for the front of the house. without old BH... I don't have his guns anymore...

Last edited:
I wish we could shoot things around here...oh wait I'm pretty sure it's illegal to shoot people everywhere....JK

I forgot to tell you guys that last week I'm pretty sure I saw my first hawk ever fly over. Didn't land or even slow down, but I was shocked. I know they fly over my area but I had never noticed or actually seen them. Since I've gotten chickens I've become much more aware of wildlife in general. I worry if I see a raccoon in the vicinity or hear an owl. Although I really don't worry about the owl so much, it just drove me crazy with noise a few weeks. Oh speaking of nuts....

Not sure who is crazier...me or Maggie . I now have two dogs sleeping on my floor. The pug visiting went home, so now if Maggie barks and I bring her to my bedroom, Emma whines to come too ! As you can see, they are very active dogs.
Have a great day all.

I wish we could shoot things around here...oh wait I'm pretty sure it's illegal to shoot people everywhere....JK

I forgot to tell you guys that last week I'm pretty sure I saw my first hawk ever fly over. Didn't land or even slow down, but I was shocked. I know they fly over my area but I had never noticed or actually seen them. Since I've gotten chickens I've become much more aware of wildlife in general. I worry if I see a raccoon in the vicinity or hear an owl. Although I really don't worry about the owl so much, it just drove me crazy with noise a few weeks. Oh speaking of nuts....

Not sure who is crazier...me or Maggie . I now have two dogs sleeping on my floor. The pug visiting went home, so now if Maggie barks and I bring her to my bedroom, Emma whines to come too ! As you can see, they are very active dogs.
Have a great day all.

Have a great day all.

Update.
Midnight is still alive
Baby is not broody
No sneezing has been heard. All birds ran out the door as soon as I opened it, and headed for the food.
Tonight my husband is taking me to a hotel with a hot tub in the room.
woot.gif

what an awesome hatch rate kian! love the little egg tooth chickies!

I'm just in, super ridiculous long day, the mail was an hour and a half late and I had to do a double. I will get those fox pics up in a few. there are zero signs that the fox returned after I left for work, it was early and still really overcast, it was such a likelihood that I was distracted a lot during the day.

13 eggs!

what an awesome hatch rate kian! love the little egg tooth chickies!

I'm just in, super ridiculous long day, the mail was an hour and a half late and I had to do a double. I will get those fox pics up in a few. there are zero signs that the fox returned after I left for work, it was early and still really overcast, it was such a likelihood that I was distracted a lot during the day.

13 eggs!
Thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom