Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Look at Sillie eating with the big girls Cheeka! She looks so tiny compared to them.

Everyone stay safe with this storm. We're just getting rain. No snow ;(

Happy pre thanksgiving and safe travels if you're going anywhere.

Haha! she is so tiny and no one pecks her, no one chases her... I wonder why? no one chases the Cochins or Peach either. there is still some minor pecking at meal time, but it's the oldest girls pecking at just a few of the middle age girls, and it is not aggressive... I look for lost feathers, and yesterday, I found a bunch... but they belong to Stella, who has decided that Now is a good time to molt. poor baby.

the floor of the apple coop was covered in small soft feathers...

I got to visit with Pebble today! he's all grown up, and very handsome. I can tell he belongs to BR Betty and Rooster Sirus, because of my 2 BR's, Wilma has brown eyes, Betty has almost blue eyes, and Pebble has the blue eyes... he's Sirus' because of the pink wash on his legs. all the other boys had slate legs. plus Archie had feathered shanks... he's got Si's grey too... and his gentle personality. there are 4 hens on the other side of the wire, and the 1 EE seems quite bonded with him. She was hanging out right next to him for the photos, I only got these 2 without anyone else in the shot... I want hatching eggs from him and the EE...

he's got 1 amberlink, 2 leghorns, and 1 EE, the EE finally laid her first egg the other day - it was like lindz's tiny egg, about the size of a quarter with a yolk the size of a pencil eraser.

I got to visit with Pebble today! he's all grown up, and very handsome. I can tell he belongs to BR Betty and Rooster Sirus, because of my 2 BR's, Wilma has brown eyes, Betty has almost blue eyes, and Pebble has the blue eyes... he's Sirus' because of the pink wash on his legs. all the other boys had slate legs. plus Archie had feathered shanks... he's got Si's grey too... and his gentle personality. there are 4 hens on the other side of the wire, and the 1 EE seems quite bonded with him. She was hanging out right next to him for the photos, I only got these 2 without anyone else in the shot... I want hatching eggs from him and the EE... [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] he's got 1 amberlink, 2 leghorns, and 1 EE, the EE finally laid her first egg the other day - it was like lindz's tiny egg, about the size of a quarter with a yolk the size of a pencil eraser.
Fine looking young man/rooster.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. And remember the golden rule. The stuffing goes in the back of a turkey and in the front of a chicken. (I like mine cold and topped with scratch)

Quote:
Is it really a girl for sure? How old is she?
I just assumed it was a young cockerel based on the coloring, which I agree, is gorgeous. I was going to say that if you think he looks nice now, just wait until he gets his adult plumage.
hide.gif
Finding a pullet like that is sort of like finding a male calico cat, a rare genetic curiosity.

Yup, happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope you enjoy your turkey dinner. Or ham. Or venison, buffalo, prime rib, lamb chops... yeah, that's all. Oh, and seafood. But that's it. No other animal proteins needed on the menu. And don't forget to feed us the leftovers. (And please ask my mom to get a picture of me with a clean face.)

Back
Top Bottom