Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

lau.gif
Glad to see you back, OK.

Don't feel alone, I am also waiting in anticipation. Really don't want to go and buy eggs, but seems I may just have to. Could go buy more chickens, save some ex-battery hens. They serve well. Already laying and will for at least another year.

Don't feel alone, I am also waiting in anticipation. Really don't want to go and buy eggs, but seems I may just have to. Could go buy more chickens, save some ex-battery hens. They serve well. Already laying and will for at least another year.

This thread is great for not feeling alone! I looked at your New Member intro, and those beautiful Orpingtons look like they should be laying soon. We have had weird weather all across the US this winter, and laying has been delayed for many. First day of spring tomorrow, so things should really start picking up! I imagine you will be good through the upcoming autumn.

I've never heard of koekoeks. Do you have a picture of them?

Cheeka, they should be named "The Magnificent Seven"! What gorgeous birds!

Welcome HW! My advice to anyone new to this thread, is read the whole thing!!! A wonderful group of posters and so very knowledgeable! And did I mention funny!!

OK-did you break down and bring the "girls" to Walmart with a lunch break at KFC??

Lindz, great shot! Watch out Huskies-careful about your guys chasing them across the street, you don't want them ending up in the Huskies yard!

22 eggs yesterday!

Johnny went out with his girls yesterday like nothing happened and roosted with the rest of the flock last nite. Now I have a sick chicken. She is wheezing and coughing. I separated her from everyone and I am treating her with VetRx and some antibiotics. She really isn't eating or drinking much. I will be filling the eyedropper frequently to keep her hydrated. And then, while I was cleaning the coop this morning, I noticed blood on the floor. Not poop, blood. I couldn't have been from Johnny because he didn't sleep there the night he got beat up. So, I found my pure white Marans looking like a white copper Marans with the layer of blood around her neck. Looks like someone roughed up her wattles and they were bleeding. She doesn't seem to notice anything. I will clean her up tonite when I bring them in. If it isn't one thing, it's another!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom