Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

The weather here has been pretty darn nice. It has been sunny and in the 50's. But.... rain for tomorrow and Saturday. Sunday should be nice and if so... I am going to paint the pen. A nice barn red with gray trim. I still have the old pen and might put Rumples in it when her babies hatch. But part of me wants her in the big girl pen with fencing to separate her. That way the others can observe. I am keeping 2 of her chicks and I think I will get a sex link chick to put under her when they hatch. I really want BCMs but I don't want too many broody type hens. With Rumples being broody... there are that much less eggs for us.
tongue2.gif

Snickers watching me fix the chicks' breakfast!

Feeding the littles!

Cheeka, you were a month off! One of Clarabelle's girls laid an egg today!!!! Now only waiting on one more, and all my older guys are laying!

2 eggs but not in the nest. Looks like I'll be making some curtains this weekend. They go in the nests but just aren't laying. The on BCM is laying in the same spot- a nice dark corner right in front of the nests. The other has laid 2 under the roosts and one in front of the door

Congrats lindz! I love being off by a month if it's a month early rather than a month late!!!

I had to take my elder friend to the doctor this afternoon and then for some shopping, so I didn't get to free range the flock today... kinda bummed bc it's going to rain for the next few days and they won't get out much. but they were happy with noodle Pie and I collected 14 eggs.

barnie.gif
one of my cats has decided to use the area behind the TV as a litter box. it took me a while to figure it out, but I sure could smell it! part of the carpet is saturated and there was a bunch of poop. it's inside the back of the cabinet.
sickbyc.gif
I don't know how I'm going to clean that big pee spot. I think I may end up pulling the carpet. that's $700 worth of flooring I didn't expect to spend tho'...

Congrats lindz! I love being off by a month if it's a month early rather than a month late!!!

I had to take my elder friend to the doctor this afternoon and then for some shopping, so I didn't get to free range the flock today... kinda bummed bc it's going to rain for the next few days and they won't get out much. but they were happy with noodle Pie and I collected 14 eggs.

barnie.gif
one of my cats has decided to use the area behind the TV as a litter box. it took me a while to figure it out, but I sure could smell it! part of the carpet is saturated and there was a bunch of poop. it's inside the back of the cabinet.
sickbyc.gif
I don't know how I'm going to clean that big pee spot. I think I may end up pulling the carpet. that's $700 worth of flooring I didn't expect to spend tho'...
Was that Ramen noodle PIE?? I have a cat that is using the wall to spray on and another is pooping there also. It sucks having company over. I am just going to wait until we move and then have everything ripped out and flooring put in. Thing is.... the cats are 10 years old and for the first 8 years, they always used the litter boxes.
he.gif

bun.gif
bun.gif
I got TWO eggs today!! Funny thing though.... Si moved the plastic egg from the nest box that is right next to Rumples and put it directly in front of Rumples and then laid her own egg with the plastic egg. Maybe she wants Rump to set her egg???
hu.gif

These guys look like buddies.  :)   I have heard good things about the temperaments of these two breeds, but have never had any.  My gold sex link is very sweet and friendly.  I would love to see your Egyptian Faymou, they are so cool looking.  Is your Araucana rumpless?   Where did you get the chicks?  Couple of exotic types there!
[/IMG]. I'm not sure what u mean by rumples it does have tail feathers

Hey it's Roger. I been locked up in jail. They got me at Tractor Supply. Said I was shoplifting. It is all just a big misunderstanding. That bag of scratch was already opened.My dad OK is fine but has forgot how to make PIE. He has a court date next month but I don't have to be there. Our internet service is not working but they are coming tomorrow to fix it. See you all soon unless they send me back or i get cooked. I really need to lay a egg.

These guys look like buddies.  :)   I have heard good things about the temperaments of these two breeds, but have never had any.  My gold sex link is very sweet and friendly.  I would love to see your Egyptian Faymou, they are so cool looking.  Is your Araucana rumpless?   Where did you get the chicks?  Couple of exotic types there!
. This is my Egyptian faymou

Back
Top Bottom