Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Thanks everyone for your comments. I now now for a fact that the 4 eggs i get are from the buff sussex, the black hen (dunno breed) and the wee seabright looking hen. I witnessed all the lays today thank goodness lol. So now just waiting on the one year olds, RIR, light sussex and leghorn. Checked everywhere for hidden eggs to no avail so they arnt laying. Although the leghorn and sussex combs are now beaming red so hopefully not long.

Any queses on the breed of my black hen and rooster.?

Some more of my flock

Thanks everyone for your comments. I now now for a fact that the 4 eggs i get are from the buff sussex, the black hen (dunno breed) and the wee seabright looking hen. I witnessed all the lays today thank goodness lol. So now just waiting on the one year olds, RIR, light sussex and leghorn. Checked everywhere for hidden eggs to no avail so they arnt laying. Although the leghorn and sussex combs are now beaming red so hopefully not long.

Any queses on the breed of my black hen and rooster.?

The black hens might be Andalusians (black variety). They lay white eggs. Oops. One is a rooster? I can't tell from the pic. The brown chicken standing behind them (RIR?) seems to have very small wattles to be a year old. Could the age be wrong? She's a good looking bird.

Some more of my flock

Maybe an Ancona? Will also lay white eggs which are large compared to the size of the chicken.

Is the brown hen a dark Brahma? She's big! My hubs wants light Brahmas, but I think we'd have to alter the coop because the nest boxes would be too small.
lol.png

All your chickens look very nice. They have such a lovely space to roam, none of them should be playing mind games over eggs! They don't know have good they've got it. Hopefully the rest will start laying soon.

All your chickens look very nice. They have such a lovely space to roam, none of them should be playing mind games over eggs! They don't know have good they've got it. Hopefully the rest will start laying soon.
thank you, they roam on about an acre an a half. As for the age of the RIR and the other youngers - i got them all at one day old last June so they will be one in June. But i agree both my rir have barely a comb on them either. Yes the black chickens are one hen one rooster lol

I lived in both Rock Springs and Green River.
When we moved back to Wy from Wi last oct we had to move to Rock Springs inially and stayed with DH's mom (ugh!) but thankfully we were able to get back to Etown where we lived for 15yrs before moving to Wi 3/11. I really didn't care for RS at all... Felt as though it might as well have been Wi with how much we were able to get to see the kids and my mom in SL.. So glad to be home!

Back
Top Bottom