Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Hi Janet!!!!
frow.gif
Been thinking about you. Glad to hear your dad got the surgery, but sounds like it has been quite a trial. Hope his recovery progresses quickly. Your Chickenfest must have been awesome. Hope your menagerie is doing well. We hatched out 9 Serama chicks this year, but they're so tiny, it's about the equivalent of adding 2 big chickens.
These 5 turned into.....

this!!!

Good to hear from you JCHNY! Glad Dad's doing better and in recovery. How's ribeye? Is he still around or did he turn into his namesake yet?

W4W - Those little guys are absolutely adorable. What size eggs do they lay?

I'm sorry Mortie! I didn't mean to rub it in. I'm sure you'll get a beautiful egg today. Wait it's not my day. I think you have to wait until Sat so I can win the contest.

Well Squirt is broody again. I think that stinkin chickin has laid a total of 2 eggs. She just wants to be a mommy. Not sure I want to do the hatching thing again, but as I only have 5 polish frizzle/smooth babies left I could totally try.

No worries. I don't begrudge any of you your eggs. I just....you know...want some over here lol. Off to gather all the eggs they laid this morning then I will be back.

Jchny, nice to see you! Hope your dad continues to improve!

So this morning I went out to collect all the eggs the girls left for me. I was oddly cool about it. I knew that I would find an egg and just bring it in all nonchalantly like "Oh hai egg." Eyes stlil a little bleary, I scanned the run....didn't see anything. Good, they at least got their first eggs in the coop. I peered in the coop window and didn't see anything in the nest they made yesterday except POOP since obviously someone slept above it. Well awesome, they got the eggs in the box then! Went around to the box and opened the lid. Just my two golf balls, largely undisturbed.

So after a very long weekend .... I have nothing to report.... Again! They play with the golf balls in there nests and kick everything out of the nests. A couple of the girls look ready but don't squat at all so idk anymore. Maybe I still have a couple weeks to go. One of my ducks keeps acting funny and checking out their nests but they haven't given any other sign either that they are close. So there my report in the chickens and ducks!

Hello again everyone.... Yet another question... I'm not sure if you remember me or not (hopes you do). I'm pretty certain I have a roo now!!! The girls are still not laying yet but the one I guessed was a roo is biting them on the back of their neck and mounting them.... At what point are they fertile? Will this mess us their starting to lay??

Back
Top Bottom