Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Look at her go! I am spying on mine from inside the house and they are just laying around. While changing their water earlier today I tried to get Wilson or Maggie to squat and they declined. Penny squatted when I looked at her. Maybe Wilson and Maggie aren't impressed with my crow. Maggie in particular looks more mature than penny. I will continue observing them but my hopes for an egg today are pretty much dead.

Swimming in eggs!!

She's just sitting on the eggs from yesterday. I forgot my egg bucket and she was sitting there on a plastic Easter egg so I stuck them under her. She really had to pancake out to cover all six of them, but she managed it. Barely. Everyone has enjoyed being out all day. Hubby went and let them out into the run when he went out to the building th his morning before I was even out of the bed. Then I went down and opened the run gate and they free ranged all day!

simply gorgeous CLindz! just stunning enough to really rub it under poor mortie's skin...
hugs.gif
they'll lay soon, I can feel it!

I got 20 gorgeous eggs today too - but I didn't take any pics of them... wanted to, but finished a print project for my Aunt instead.

a year in the life... 16 sheets - it was a lot of work going through all the files to select the photos... been working on it for a few weeks...

we had all day free range too and it was glorious! perfect weather day - barely 70°, breezy, sunny... lots of good treats, apples and raspberries... good day all around. the broody's ventured further than ever, taking the babies into the lilac for the 1st time - highly exciting for the wee ones - the rest of the flock left them alone after seeing both of the Mamas all puffed up and ready to fight... I wish I didn't have anymore long days ahead, but I do... so I'm heading to bed for a good night sleep! sweet dreams everyone!

frow.gif
hey you guys, really miss you all! Things are slowing down a little finally so am hoping to get back to my favorite threads, this being my most favorite! We actually even got to go camping, and hosted our annual Indiana BYCers chickenfest this weekend!!!
My Dad had his open heart surgery, and aortic valve replacement. We nearly lost him, he kept refusing to go to the DR and was in congestive heart failure. His dementia was pretty severe at that point. We had him taken by ambulance, he was gasping for breath.. nearly lost him. Stubborn man, i think thats what saved him! Moms doing ok but is really exhausted and so worried for him. They celebrate their 56th anniversary Friday. Been a real challenge balancing it all with moms dialysis and dr appts too. Dads been moved to short term care at a nursing facility, he is 80, so recovery has been very slow. There is no projected date for his release.. hoping he will eventually be able to come home.

Back
Top Bottom