Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Oh, forgot to mention that one of my E'S started laying.
Here's one of her eggs.

It's the small 9th on the right, next to my RSL who has been laying for about 1.5 months.

Looks like I'm going to be buying even MORE eggs after the remainder of my last dozen + my (bought) duck eggs are gone.

My pullets are 20 weeks + 4 days old and still barren.

AAAAAANNNTTTTIICCIIIIIIPPPPPPAAAAAAAATION!!!
Mark my word, if you buy eggs the next a.m. you will have 5 fresh eggs waiting. It is sort of like washing your car to make it rain.

Looks like I'm going to be buying even MORE eggs after the remainder of my last dozen + my (bought) duck eggs are gone.

My pullets are 20 weeks + 4 days old and still barren.

AAAAAANNNTTTTIICCIIIIIIPPPPPPAAAAAAAATION!!!
I think that you have late bloomers for pullets. Mine are 18 weeks old. 2 are red in the comb, but no squatting. The Ameraucanas are far from POL. another 10 weeks for them ,maybe.... sigh...
hu.gif

Do any of you have a clue as to what breed of chicken Penny is? RIR? New Hampshire? I bought her last November from a guy who had about 80 chickens and did not have a clue about what he had. The chickens were living under less than desirable conditions. She lays a brown egg about 5 days a week and I am guessing that she is about 1.5 years old.

eta: she is on the small side.

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]Do any of you have a clue as to what breed of chicken Penny is? RIR? New Hampshire? I bought her last November from a guy who had about 80 chickens and did not have a clue about what he had. The chickens were living under less than desirable conditions. She lays a brown egg about 5 days a week and I am guessing that she is about 1.5 years old. [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]eta: she is on the small side.[/COLOR]
maybe both? (Production red? I thought those weren't as dark though) she's beautiful and a good layer for 1.5 years, so...who cares! (Hope that's taken the right way)

Back
Top Bottom