Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

The First Outing On grass

Most of you remember the story of Lil Bit and Rumples. Well... today was the Littles first trip of grass grazing.
wee.gif
Two of Rumples chicks from last year bit Rump today. Minnie P was ok with her. She was curious about the chicks, but just wandered around like nothing was out of place. Then Lil Bit came over. I was curious and hopeful that Lil Bit would take to the chicks and be a big sister to them. After all.... she stayed with Rumples until she was 7 months old. To my disappointment, Lil Bit attacked Rump and Rump fought back.
smack.gif
That is the first time that Rumples has ever defended herself. For that, I was glad. I broke up the squabble and Lil Bit started to honk like a goose. It was kind of odd. She just kept honking. Have any of you ever heard a hen honk?? Why do they do that??
hu.gif

Most of you remember the story of Lil Bit and Rumples. Well... today was the Littles first trip of grass grazing.
wee.gif
Two of Rumples chicks from last year bit Rump today. Minnie P was ok with her. She was curious about the chicks, but just wandered around like nothing was out of place. Then Lil Bit came over. I was curious and hopeful that Lil Bit would take to the chicks and be a big sister to them. After all.... she stayed with Rumples until she was 7 months old. To my disappointment, Lil Bit attacked Rump and Rump fought back.
smack.gif
That is the first time that Rumples has ever defended herself. For that, I was glad. I broke up the squabble and Lil Bit started to honk like a goose. It was kind of odd. She just kept honking. Have any of you ever heard a hen honk?? Why do they do that??
hu.gif
Doesn't Mortie say hers sound like geese? I have a bantam that screams every once in a while. It gets my attention, usually she is just complaining about another chicken walking too close, the wind blowing or the angle of the sun. It hasn't ever been an emergency.

I have a honker, she also clacks her beak when she drinks. makes it sound nice and juicy... she doesn't make any other clucks or anything. then I have Isis, a 3 year old EE. she chirps. like a chick.

so we had another crappy weather day, so no free range and pretty much an average seed snack, no deluxe Pie... but I did give the chicks some fresh fruit.

everyone was chatty this morning. I know a guy who looks like the top one... right down to the bit of boogie hanging from the lip...
wink.png

wee.gif
smack.gif
hu.gif
My Australorps will make a honking sound. It must come from one of their base breeds.

we got a couple of inches of snow over the course of the day. very annoying.

no field trip again. I feel bad for Mama, she looks so gorgeous after her bath, I know she wants another... if Winter doesn't end within the next week, I will get a bag of dirt, fill the kiddy pool and bring it inside. the heck with the mess!
D.gif

mmm GeeYourFeathersSmellTerrific... dirt shampoo, for that fresh dirt smell and shine!

The KS for the birthday wishes.

Made a small adjustment to the incubator because it was running a degree or so warm pretty consistently then forgot to check it before I went out for a couple hrs. Came back to a 130 degree bator and freshly dead chicks.

Back
Top Bottom