Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Lol! I didn't tell you guys that she peed in my pants yesterday! She got off of her potty, walked over to where I was, and peed in my sweats!
Friday of last week, 24 eggs fell into my incubator. I got a better one the other day (Came cracked and not working right ) and a candler. Last night, I candled a few eggs. One was an early quitter, one was alive but porous. The other two were all over the place wiggling!
When I went to find the early quitter again, I couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up having to candle all the eggs. I had two clears, the early quieter and all the rest are very active! This is the best catch I have ever had In the incubator!
Unfortunately, I want to do the Easter Hatch along. I had only expected about three or four eggs from this hatch to make it. Now it looks like I will have to rehome most of them. I'm actually hoping to find Pekin eggs for the Easter Hatch along.
And lastly, today I cleaned and expanded the duckpen. It was a lot of work, but at least it's finally done!

I have never seen that show, and haven't even seen it listed on TV.

It's on PBS, Masterpiece Theater. British period "soap opera." I got hooked on it because of the beautiful settings and costumes. It's the last season.
sad.png

I've been up since 3 AM. this is ridiculous. so I thought I might catch sunrise. it's too cloudy. no color. the flock was happy to see me extra early tho', I was chilling out with them before sunrise.
frow.gif
Scrambles!

Ooooooooookay!
The incubator issues are dealt with, and I've been grocery shopping. My sister in law had me really stressed, which turned into hurt when she said something callous. She told me that my husband doesn't care about me at all. No reason, she just thought that she should say that to me. She thought it was a comforting thought.
Duckling is napping, and I'm trying to relax. Almost there.
How are you guys today? Cheeka, did you get a nap?

Hi MC! It's kind of cold here today. I was up around 3am also, and didn't really get back to sleep, but that's normal for me, sadly. Then I walk around like a zombie all day!

You really need to take advantage of those naps! My #2 gave up naps when he was about 2½. Then, when I put him in preschool for a few days a week, they made them all lay down for naps! At 4 yrs! Drove me crazy. The few times he fell asleep during nap, he was awake until after midnight! He wasn't in preschool very long.
roll.png

We always took naps until we got into the first grade. I honestly believe that a child should have a nap until they're at least four if not five,
I was being asked today if I would keep Duckling while she attended cyber school. I'm all for that!

This was the baby that didn't sleep well. I think naps are good if kids need them, but thought there would be a choice when they got to be 4. He started kindergarten at 4.

When I went to kindergarten
old.gif
you only went half days. Each teacher had 2 classes, morning session and afternoon session. I was morning with Mrs. Zada. Now it's used as daycare for all the working parents.

Cyber school sounds great. Fewer germs!

I have a bunch of dirty birds, lol. Any suggestions to getting them clean in this cold, wet mess? One of my girls seems to have plucked her behind a bit bare. I told her she wasn't impressing anyone and was beginning to look like a babboon! I got the stink eye for that comment. :lau Seriosly tho, my poor ducks are making themselves worse trying to bathe in the slushy mess.

Back
Top Bottom