Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I have always wanted to make bagels. I haven't thought about it in the last year though. I did see some recipes for English muffins. I never knew they were made in a griddle until then.
Thanks for the recipes, Oh wise and wonderful baker!
I wish my grandfather would have lived a lot longer. He owned a bakery, and could have taught me so much!

I find it better to make stuff at home. My pizza tonight. We have had seven pizza places in this area. For a while, the pizza is awesome. Then okay. Then gross. Usually the crust is the worst part.
I make a pizza dough that is always perfect! And finding a sourdough recipe was great! I was nervous because it is so fast. Fast pizza dough is not something I have had luck with! But I looked at several recipes, and chose one that I (now used to what I like) thought would be okay.
Now I love that it is so fast!
Now that I am thinking about it, I might make some sourdough cinnamon rolls in the next few days.
droolin.gif

If I were to buy baked goods, even a box mix, I would eat it all because it was there. making it at home, I have to really want it. Then it tastes better, and has better ingredients. No preservatives is a plus too.

And I still think the horses was funny! :tongue BTW, I smeared honey on my door handle tonight. The neighbor never even realized it with her grimy hands.
Horses? What happened to the horses?
The sun is not always our friend.
1442248626_little_girl_gets_scared_of_her_own_shadow.gif
That is cute
I find it better to make stuff at home. My pizza tonight. We have had seven pizza places in this area. For a while, the pizza is awesome. Then okay. Then gross. Usually the crust is the worst part. I make a pizza dough that is always perfect! And finding a sourdough recipe was great! I was nervous because it is so fast. Fast pizza dough is not something I have had luck with! But I looked at several recipes, and chose one that I (now used to what I like) thought would be okay. Now I love that it is so fast! Now that I am thinking about it, I might make some sourdough cinnamon rolls in the next few days. :drool If I were to buy baked goods, even a box mix, I would eat it all because it was there. making it at home, I have to really want it. Then it tastes better, and has better ingredients. No preservatives is a plus too.
Oooh! Cinnamon rolls!

Sometimes it is nice to have someone suggest what to have for a meal. I would have been just as happy (maybe happier! I don't know) with pork chops last night. But I didn't want to make a decision, so I asked on BYC.
I think I said that I don't "want" to get rid of the sectional, but I kinda need to. It is getting butt divets, and old in general. It is also WAY too big for the room, and I would love to have room in Duckling's playroom for an art easel and a play pen if we are expecting a gosling (
lol.png
I think I found a nickname!). Not to mention, she needs her beanbag in the living room soon. She will be old enough for television.
Then there is the reason that is bugging me the most. I WANT THAT CARPET OUT OF THERE!!! I am not moving furniture to get rid of a carpet, and I don't know what I am doing with the carpet, but I don't want it ruined (cut or torn around furniture, but left under) until I do.
So...
th.gif
Tell me what to do. I can't give it away to The Salvation Army, and I am tired of waiting for it to be sold. Then again, it may never get sold! Every item that is older than a week on that site has an owner that doesn't check messages! It is the only site that my in-laws aren't aware of. They will interfere with the sale. Probably even demand it for free or for "I'll give you fifty later".

as a former massage therapist, all oil has a shelf life that is shorter than you would think. I've even witnessed piles of oily sheets spontaneously burst into flames! (not mine!)

W4W, the weight I tote varies from day to day. sometimes, I have all light and small parcels and don't even have to dismount from the vehicle to deliver, but that's pretty rare. on average, I have 3-4 heavy parcels every day, that can weigh up to 70 lbs. if it can fit in my car, I'm supposed to take it. if it doesn't fit... pretty obvious why I can't deliver it. but I do deliver in a rural area, so almost everyone does online shopping. I have one dog rescue "farm" that orders 50# bags of dog food, 10 at a time, and they always come in on the same day. I have to take all 10. no one is ever around to help me unload, so it's 10 x 50# trips to their shed, but I can get my car within about 5 steps. still, it's a lot. and it's at least once a month if not more often, depending on the number of dogs they have. and I have another couple of customers who love to rebuild cars and order parts through RockAuto.com - might be a tiny box, but it will weigh an incredible amount, or be a huge box, might be heavy, might not. but the worst are the guys who make their own ammo.
boxes filled with lead are crazy heavy.
I regularly carry 32 lbs worth of water twice in the morning, 4 gallons for each pen, and again in the evening... so I'm getting my exercise and practice. the 50# bags of feed and/or seeds are getting easier to tackle, but I do it in stages. speaking of... I need to get seeds today. I've been out for a few days and having to make them scrambled eggs, or Pie with Ramen and Spam or Mackerel...

it's so beautiful out today. I should be outside with the flock. just the thought shoots my anxiety through the roof and I start to cry. who would be lost to a predator?

So... :th Tell me what to do. I can't give it away to The Salvation Army, and I am tired of waiting for it to be sold. Then again, it may never get sold! Every item that is older than a week on that site has an owner that doesn't check messages! It is the only site that my in-laws aren't aware of. They will interfere with the sale. Probably even demand it for free or for "I'll give you fifty later".

How do your in laws find out?
I'll list some good sites for selling things, you've probably already looked but it's worth a shot.

eBay
Craigslist
Gumtree
Shpock

Those are the ones I use and I pretty much always get a good deal.

Last edited:
I cannot believe I am 108 posts behind!! I have three pullets, and today, they laid five eggs. I collect the eggs daily, so is it possible for a chicken too lay 2 eggs in 24 hours?

They find out because this is a small town/area. People know someone who knows me. I look at a sale page, and their names are often there as a member. Not to sell or buy. To keep an eye on who has what. They aren't quiet about that. They think they are so smart.

Yes, it is possible to lay more than one egg a day. If you haven't gotten 100% lately, it is also possible some were buried.

Back
Top Bottom