Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

Okay you mean like when are we SAFE? I'm pretty sure I've seen it snow in May but I think that's pretty rare. Middle of april is about the cut off usually. Sometimes we have hardly any before then either and sometimes it keeps coming down right up until then and then usually quits.

I decided to go ahead, and let him find eggs. Here, he is wagging his tail furiously because he saw me filling them!

Happy Easter everyone! and nice to have you pop in and say hi OK!

it's been a rough weekend. as you all know... I went out for a bit this afternoon to visit a few friends, took the new Jeep, such a dream! it was nice to see people, and since the dogs have taken a new interest in digging the front yard worse than chickens... I stopped at the dollar store and got a whole mess of different toys, durable outside use balls... squeaky stuff that can withstand Chester's teeth and come home to find that they have knocked the gates down again. from the kitchen, they got into a small trash container that didn't have much in it, but Chester got a basket of eggs. eggshells and bits of trash spread throughout the kitchen, dining room and living room! I am still angry. I think I am just going to take a couple of big nails and spike that gate to the door jam. since I've been home... and cleaning... I've gated off the stairs, so they can't go up to bed, and gated the kitchen again. they wouldn't dare do anything while I'm here. after I was satisfied - still crap to do, but it's my crap, not theirs - I put them out and gave them their new toys. now it's fun for them to put the toys in the holes they've dug... but they are also having a blast running around with them. I was out for a while tossing balls, got some pics, but need loading first.
bottom line, I have to make that gate completely secure before I have to go to work tomorrow!

Happy Easter everyone! and nice to have you pop in and say hi OK!

it's been a rough weekend. as you all know... I went out for a bit this afternoon to visit a few friends, took the new Jeep, such a dream! it was nice to see people, and since the dogs have taken a new interest in digging the front yard worse than chickens... I stopped at the dollar store and got a whole mess of different toys, durable outside use balls... squeaky stuff that can withstand Chester's teeth and come home to find that they have knocked the gates down again. from the kitchen, they got into a small trash container that didn't have much in it, but Chester got a basket of eggs. eggshells and bits of trash spread throughout the kitchen, dining room and living room! I am still angry. I think I am just going to take a couple of big nails and spike that gate to the door jam. since I've been home... and cleaning... I've gated off the stairs, so they can't go up to bed, and gated the kitchen again. they wouldn't dare do anything while I'm here. after I was satisfied - still crap to do, but it's my crap, not theirs - I put them out and gave them their new toys. now it's fun for them to put the toys in the holes they've dug... but they are also having a blast running around with them. I was out for a while tossing balls, got some pics, but need loading first.
bottom line, I have to make that gate completely secure before I have to go to work tomorrow!

I never thought about using nails! Great idea!
Of course I am sorry about the mess.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom